The King Buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand why this is such a controversy, the G3 clearly shares a common base with the G2. I strongly disagree with the B&C scoring system, but that violates their standards and as such, should be scored that way.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interestingly, Laidlaw later had the rack precisely measured by a laser-measuring device. Amazingly, all of the tines were found to be almost perfectly symmetrical from side to side as far as spacing is concerned, and both G-3 tines were found to be rising up off of the main beam at the same angle as most of the other typical tines.

In other words, if the G-3s were abnormal, all of the other typical tines on the rack would have to be scored as abnormal tines. In short, all of the upright tines on one of the world’s greatest 6-by-6 typical bucks with an almost perfectly symmetrical rack (except for the length difference of the G-3s) would have to be scored as abnormal points.

Seems pretty clear to me that one pompous ass is denying a ssportsman a fair and impartial scoring. Considering that it may be a possible record book buck and have a tangible value as such, I'd consider a legal challenge against B&C and Reneau. Sometimes an individual will have more power than they deserve. This appears to be one of those situations. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damm I was mad after reading that! I've never been a fan of the B&C scoring system. I stopped by a B&C scoring booth at an expo a couple of years ago. They had a rack up there to be scored by the public with a prize going to the closest score. No tools allowed, eyeball only.
I engaged one of the guys in the booth in a conversation about it, noting that my gross score would be......and he cut me off mid sentence. He spoke to me like a 2 year old, explaining in a loud voice that B&C Does not care about gross scores. I told the pompus ass where he could stick his rack, and questioned if he needed me to help put it there.:madbox:

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand why this is such a controversy, the G3 clearly shares a common base with the G2. I strongly disagree with the B&C scoring system, but that violates their standards and as such, should be scored that way.

This rule is not as solid as it sounds. The tines can actually be scored as typical tines if they don't interrupt the flow of the frame and are equal on either side. I have seen deer scored both ways. Apparently, somebody doesn't want the Hanson's buck to fall. Even though Hanson was a tool about how he approached and dealt with B&C.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai55.tinypic.com_de0cl.gif

If the green line don't have "peanut" shape to it - they are SOL.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This rule is not as solid as it sounds. The tines can actually be scored as typical tines if they don't interrupt the flow of the frame and are equal on either side. I have seen deer scored both ways. Apparently, somebody doesn't want the Hanson's buck to fall. Even though Hanson was a tool about how he approached and dealt with B&C.

Two tines sharing a common base interrupts that flow, I would think.

The B&C system is laughably flawed, but if you want to play in their game, you gotta play by their rules. I think people are trying to make this more of a controversy than it really is.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with dennis, I know next to nothing on scoring. I took my 10pt Non-Typical out there to be scored. They told me it was disqualified, because it had 3 main beams. Well I thought that was what a NT was, and besides on the left side it is all 1 horn. It's the one on the right.
ai203.photobucket.com_albums_aa250_surjimmy_IMG_0671.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom