The king of stupid stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everytime I fill up the leaf blower I have to prop it between my feet cause if you don't when you push down on the gas can the blower tips over. What a pain !

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have replaced my plastic can spouts with those, which are at Tractor Supply.
My Wavian stupid spill spout has started leaking so I am going to find the replacement for it. Thanks, I didn’t know they were available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prolly just needs a new gasket
You can still get the non EPA spouts as well. I have plenty extra ones of you need one

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must be behind the times,,,
What seems to be the ajor malfunction here?

Aarond

The can to the right has a funky spout. Those and some like them have to have the outside "sleeve" pulled back, either by hand or by pressing against the gas tank filler neck to allow fuel to flow. In addition, the inside workings then blocks a good portion of the flow of fuel, making the filling of a tank a very slow process. Add to the problem that with a 5 gallon container, one is holding all that weight while a slow dribble is going into the tank.

I've got two diesel containers like that. I figured out how to remove the innards, but then it leave a 2 to 3 inch slot in the neck of the spout open, allowing fuel to leak out that way as one is filling the tank.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must have lucked out when I bought my last gas can. It has one of those auto-stop spouts but the thing pours like the tears of a gun grabbers, fast and copious. Granted, its only a 1 gallon tank I use for my two stroke gas, but it fills the tank on my weedeater in about as fast as I can push down and release.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And when you fill an almost empty tank where do the vapors go? And they think the 'effin gas can "fixes" it. Liberal magic I guess. :screwy:

That was funny.. What a wonderful world it would be if we could get rid of all the blue ones..
The strainer screen on my tractor is in the bottom of the tank because the hook rest that supports it during the 10-15 minute fill up slipped off and punched it out.. So Yes I feel your pain..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you look on the internet, and even on YouTube, you can find "kits" that gives you a new spout and a vent that can be installed behind the handle of the fuel can. I've got two diesel 5-gallon containers that I've considered doing that with, but they are seldom used, so I'm not sure I'll bother.

EDIT: Here's a link to one. I'm pretty sure there are others out there.

EZ-Pour Hi Flo Replacement Spout Kit

If you look at all that is there, there are two different spouts and two different threaded collars. I think the two different collars are there because not all fuel containers have the same threads.
Atwoods carries those adaptor spouts. "Not for flammable materials" LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom