The king of stupid stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my smaller stuff is Dewalt electric, chain saw, weed eater, hedge trimmer etc. Only use gas in my ZTR, a small garden tiller and generator, never worried about ethanol, everything is new enough manuals say good for up to E10. I do let the generator and tiller run the carb dry after every use and put Stabul in the ZTR for the winter.

For my diesel tractors I use a fuel caddy, bought off Craigslist for a hundred bucks with the 12 volt pump. Made a stand for the pump and added a quick disconnect so I could load the caddy into the back of my pickup. When it gets empty, I load it into my pickup laying down, go fill it with diesel then use my loader tractor to sit it upright and unload it. It should be yellow for diesel but for the price red will work.

FuelStation.jpg

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being able to use a fuel pump in your vehicle to fill up the tanks in tools with small engines strikes me as brilliant. I wonder if there is a money making product or service there for those that aren't mechanically inclined. Securing it may be an issue though.

Not that I am aware of, it was a bit of a struggle finding all the parts and pieces to put it on my truck. The electric was the easy part, had the switch and relay in my junk box. Hard part was finding the fuel rail adapter and quick disconnect. Adapter came from Summit, quick disconnect I ran across on eBay. A quick search turned this up which seems to be the best deal on the net.

https://www.coleparmer.com/i/cpc-co...valved-1-4-npt-m-thread-1-4-flow-size/3140300
The straight barbed fitting is at the bottom of the page.

The fuel rail adapter is here.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/CEI-107133

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know how I missed this before. I’ve been picking smashed gas cans off the road for years to get the old necks off of them. I effing hate the new crap!

Latest posts

Top Bottom