The Koch Brothers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the buying of locally produced food and goods doesn't hinge on political ideology, so I wasn't sure what you were asking. In this case, being "conservative" or "liberal" mostly doesn't matter.
This is what I posted.

"Boycotting Walmart is totally acceptable. We all have the freedom to shop where we want. God Bless America and the freedoms we have.
But, with trade imbalance we have with the rest of the world for the most part, and manufacturers shutting down, moving to third world countries, we don't have much of a choice but to buy from them.
Be it Walmart, Dollar General, or what ever, the majority of items are made overseas or in Mexico.
What is the liberals solution to this problem?"
The buying of elections, or buying of locally produced food and goods?

Not seeing elections anywhere in there or locally produced goods.
Wife and I were sitting outside tonight with a box of eyeglass cleaner packets she bought today. $3.25 for a couple hundred. Made in China. How anybody can make a profit with that is beyond me, but like posted before, the average wage in cuba is $25 a month, and I suspect in China its about the same or a little more.

I'll give up the fact that consumers and investors have driven this to a certain extent, but at the same time, regulations coming out of congress have a major factor in where we are now.

We still import more oil than we produce although we have more oil than the middle east. Granted some of it is expensive to extract, but its there. Enviromental regulations from the white house prevent getting into the areas where oil can be obtained cheaply, All regurgitated facts.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard one time that one of them said they would hire someone whether they had a degree or not. If the person was intelligent and able to do the said job they would hire them. Why can't more companies do this? College is one of the biggest rackets in the world. We go to high school for four years. Then we go to college and take the same bull crap classes we just got through taking. All the while paying to do so. I can see some things needing a degree. But there are a slew of them that don't. And most are going to train you how to do the job the way they want you to do it. Sounds like the koch's know how to run a business to me.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They pay their law suits. Their pumpers got blamed for not keeping perfect numbers and were accused of skimming oil from us. They paid up plus a nice bonus. Can't beat that. I've hung out a bit in Wichita and seen what they've done there.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...College is one of the biggest rackets in the world. We go to high school for four years. Then we go to college and take the same bull crap classes we just got through taking...
I'm not sure where you went to college, but this isn't the normal process in college. This is one reason why co-credit is given for many high school courses (i.e., they receive college credit), or you can test out of courses you've already mastered in high school or elsewhere. If someone is simply re-taking courses they've already taken, something is wrong.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They pay their law suits. Their pumpers got blamed for not keeping perfect numbers and were accused of skimming oil from us. They paid up plus a nice bonus. Can't beat that. I've hung out a bit in Wichita and seen what they've done there.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.
I'll have to second this. Mother in Law has a well on her place. She told me she hadn't got a royalty check in a couple of years. Told her that every time I went by, it was pumping up and down like a jack hammer. Big pump jack. Don't know the whole story about what evolved, but she got back pay. I suspect a pumper was selling it on the black market out of the tank battery. She lives 200 miles away, and they know that.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard one time that one of them said they would hire someone whether they had a degree or not. If the person was intelligent and able to do the said job they would hire them. Why can't more companies do this? College is one of the biggest rackets in the world. We go to high school for four years. Then we go to college and take the same bull crap classes we just got through taking. All the while paying to do so. I can see some things needing a degree. But there are a slew of them that don't. And most are going to train you how to do the job the way they want you to do it. Sounds like the koch's know how to run a business to me.

They also try to protect the environment and have been given high marks by their employees, even the union ones. Problem is they donate to the right and the left can not stand that. It is OK when someone donates to them but never the right. The left will even make up lies to make you look evil to the uninformed.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The mindless liberals that favor equality in income will be just like Cuba if they had it there way. The average income in that country is $28 dollars a month.

Typical DH demagoguery. It's simply amazing how you can believe such tripe. Because some on the left have the temerity to point out that there is a growing gap in earnings between the highest earners and the average worker, you decide that they want brain surgeons to make the same as janitors. No one is saying what you are claiming.

Maybe this, from the official voice of the left, Forbes, will shed some light on the issue for you:

American CEOs are earning compensation packages that are more than ten times greater than they were three decades ago...Meantime average U.S. workers made just 10.2% more in 2013 than they did 30 years ago. Top CEOs now make 300 times more than typical workers...The study also says that the rise in CEO pay over the last 30 years is more than double the stock market’s gains in the same time period...The paper also points out that high CEO pay “does not simply reflect the increased value of highly paid professionals in a competitive race for skills.” In other words, CEOs have not become more productive. Rather, they have grown more able to demand more valuable pay packages.

So, while the top earners are getting more and more and more, the average worker is not.

For most workers, real wages have barely budged for decades.

You will, of course, go on telling yourself, and anyone who's unlucky enough to find themselves listening to your disquisition on the subject, that the left longs for a communist utopia. And you will still be wrong.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Typical DH demagoguery. It's simply amazing how you can believe such tripe. Because some on the left have the temerity to point out that there is a growing gap in earnings between the highest earners and the average worker, you decide that they want brain surgeons to make the same as janitors. No one is saying what you are claiming.

Maybe this, from the official voice of the left, Forbes, will shed some light on the issue for you:

American CEOs are earning compensation packages that are more than ten times greater than they were three decades ago...Meantime average U.S. workers made just 10.2% more in 2013 than they did 30 years ago. Top CEOs now make 300 times more than typical workers...The study also says that the rise in CEO pay over the last 30 years is more than double the stock market’s gains in the same time period...The paper also points out that high CEO pay “does not simply reflect the increased value of highly paid professionals in a competitive race for skills.” In other words, CEOs have not become more productive. Rather, they have grown more able to demand more valuable pay packages.

So, while the top earners are getting more and more and more, the average worker is not.

For most workers, real wages have barely budged for decades.

You will, of course, go on telling yourself, and anyone who's unlucky enough to find themselves listening to your disquisition on the subject, that the left longs for a communist utopia. And you will still be wrong.
Im going to take a mulligan and agree 100% with this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom