The Lack of "Community" on OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm afraid JB no longer owns us. We have been sold down the river to a crocodile.

Or, as I would put it, some of the older, longer time members of OSA started wetting their knickers once OSA was acquired by a fellow from Georgia who runs the board more as a business enterprise (though largely letting members speak and act freely IMHO).

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or, as I would put it, some of the older, longer time members of OSA started wetting their knickers once OSA was acquired by a fellow from Georgia who runs the board more as a business enterprise (though largely letting members speak and act freely IMHO).[/QUOTE]

I don't care if he runs the place like a business; so what? I'm not gonna buy from some of the sponsors cause I don't like the way they jacked prices on us before, but if they wanna pay him to flash their sign across the top of the page, that doesn't bother me. The site is easier to use now in many respects. For example, posting photos is much easier, I don't have to use the accursed Photobucket. So he makes few bucks off of it? So do a lot of other gun forums and others too. Big deal.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or, as I would put it, some of the older, longer time members of OSA started wetting their knickers once OSA was acquired by a fellow from Georgia who runs the board more as a business enterprise (though largely letting members speak and act freely IMHO).

Anyone else see the irony of a bunch of "conservatives" that get all pissy when someone treats business/something they own as they please? Even though the board is more free now than it's been in a while.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I respect that some folks honestly disagreed with the changes and took the initiative to start their own venture - heck, that's free enterprise and free association the bedrocks of the American economy/social system.
I only take exception to a few who seem to need to nurse old wounds and constantly attack OSA because they do t like some things about it. Participate, make it better, create the community you want - don't wait for Okuma Steve to drop it in your lap...or make him an enticing offer and you become the new JB or OS.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I respect that some folks honestly disagreed with the changes and took the initiative to start their own venture - heck, that's free enterprise and free association the bedrocks of the American economy/social system.
I only take exception to a few who seem to need to nurse old wounds and constantly attack OSA because they do t like some things about it. Participate, make it better, create the community you want - don't wait for Okuma Steve to drop it in your lap...or make him an enticing offer and you become the new JB or OS.

Well said mugsy; I couldn't agree with you more. It's almost as if some of them need to justify something...if you don't wanna be here, then don't type www.okshooters.com in your browser and log in. OSA is alive and well, and I for one enjoy the forum and most of it's participants. Again; if you don't wanna be here, then you really don't have to. I'm sticking around; I like it; and I already got a cool OSA hat. What I'm gonna do? Bolt and have to get a new hat? No way.

Attachments

• OSA Hat.JPG
    OSA Hat.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 163

Latest posts

Top Bottom