The look of the new OSA…

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Supporter
Reaction score
I get an list of about 20 - 25 and then a line that shows older ones that I have not read. Are you seeing only 10 posts per page? I have used Preferences and set mine for about 25 per page. And are you using a phone or laptop?

Nope. When I click on What's New, I get 10 topics.

If I click on New Posts, I get all the topics, but it leaves out topics I have already seen. I would prefer to have it continue to include the ones I've already seen. I have my settings already fixed for number of posts and topics.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporter
Reaction score
I “think” I mainly used the “latest activity” to keep up to speed on the old version. There was a column of newest posts and below it was a column of newest threads all right there on one page where I didn’t have to click around different categories. I THINK the new “latest activity” view I found has both new posts and new threads all in one pile. I can live with that I reckon. However, now the “latest activity” also includes every reaction someone leaves for whatever. So the reactions really eat up space in the list. Is there a way to eliminate all the reactions from the list of latest activity? Am I even making sense? Lol
Ok! It looks like I need to be viewing the forum through “new posts”. It also includes the new threads but no reactions. IM GOOD! Y’all can relax and quit trying to please me now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Supporter
Reaction score
Don't understand it but this is what I have happening. Will open a thread read comments and exit out to a do something else. Try to go back to thread and it's gone from new posts. Others are there from hours before, and there were recent post in the last hour.🥴

This is what I mean... if you've "seen" the content, it's no longer considered "new to you" and so it's removed. I don't like that, I also like to be able to come back to it. I often don't even know what subforum to look for a thread in, as I only really look at the "New Posts" content and don't surf specific subforums. I'd like to have "New Posts" incorporate all the latest threads, not just the ones I haven't specifically seen. And for exactly the reason stated above.

Top Bottom