The natural china flu vaccine (getting it) might stop future colds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having chinaflu natural immunity might help from getting some common colds in the future too.

You will NEVER hear about this from the US .gov.

Longitudinal analysis shows durable and broad immune memory after SARS-CoV-2 infection with persisting antibody responses and memory B and T cells: Cell Reports Medicine

COVID-19 infection results in increased levels of antibodies to two common human betacoronaviruses (HKU1 and OC43) and to SARS-CoV-1

We next examined if SARS-CoV-2 infection had any impact on the levels of antibodies to the other human coronaviruses. We measured IgG, IgA, and IgM antibody binding to the spike proteins of other known human coronaviruses in the COVID-19 patients (n = 222 for IgG and n = 190 for IgA and IgM) and compared these data to the 51 pre-pandemic healthy donor samples. In the COVID-19 patients, IgG and IgA antibodies to the alphacoronaviruses 229E and NL63 did not show any significant changes compared to the antibody levels in the pre-pandemic healthy controls (Figures 2A, 2B, 2F, and 2G; Figures S1C and S1D). In contrast, the IgG and IgA antibodies to betacoronaviruses HKU1 and OC43 were substantially elevated in COVID-19 patients relative to pre-pandemic controls (Figures 2C, 2D, 2H, and 2I; Figures S1C and S1D; p < 0.0001). After this boost, HKU1 and OC43 IgG antibody levels declined with estimated half-lives of 288 (95% CI [235, 372]) and 212 (95% CI [176, 268]) days, respectively (exponential decay model). IgM levels to common betacoronaviruses HKU1 and OC43 were low in both pre-pandemic controls and COVID-19 patients (Figures 2M and 2N). While pre-existing exposure and antibodies against HKU1 and OC43 betacoronaviruses are common in adults, pre-existing SARS-CoV-1 exposure is rare and antibody levels to SARS-CoV-1 spike protein were very low (essentially negative) in the pre-pandemic healthy controls. However, SARS-CoV-1 spike-reactive antibodies increased significantly after SARS-CoV-2 infection. These increases were quite striking for IgG (p = 0.0038) and also IgA (p = 0.0084) and most likely represent cross-reactive antibodies directed to SARS-CoV-2 spike epitopes that are conserved between SARS-CoV-2 and SARS CoV-1

These newly induced cross-reactive IgG antibodies generated after COVID-19 infection declined with an estimated half-life of 215 days (95% CI [168, 298]) (exponential decay model) (Figure 2). Taken together, these results show that people infected with SARS-CoV-2 may have also have some heightened immunity against the common human betacoronaviruses and more importantly against

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be a total coincidence, but I have had a lot of sinus drainage from ragweed, cottonwood, grass in general while mowing, and even excess dust in the house allergies heavily all my life. (I am 74) Since my early bout with Covid I have had much less mucas produced from those items, not having to blow my nose and spit out junk near as much. Might be just the local weather causing different conditions or my body getting older and changing, or something else. But it is one of those things that makes me go, Hummm let's watch this along with everything else.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having chinaflu natural immunity might help from getting some common colds in the future too.

You will NEVER hear about this from the US .gov.

Longitudinal analysis shows durable and broad immune memory after SARS-CoV-2 infection with persisting antibody responses and memory B and T cells: Cell Reports Medicine

COVID-19 infection results in increased levels of antibodies to two common human betacoronaviruses (HKU1 and OC43) and to SARS-CoV-1

We next examined if SARS-CoV-2 infection had any impact on the levels of antibodies to the other human coronaviruses. We measured IgG, IgA, and IgM antibody binding to the spike proteins of other known human coronaviruses in the COVID-19 patients (n = 222 for IgG and n = 190 for IgA and IgM) and compared these data to the 51 pre-pandemic healthy donor samples. In the COVID-19 patients, IgG and IgA antibodies to the alphacoronaviruses 229E and NL63 did not show any significant changes compared to the antibody levels in the pre-pandemic healthy controls (Figures 2A, 2B, 2F, and 2G; Figures S1C and S1D). In contrast, the IgG and IgA antibodies to betacoronaviruses HKU1 and OC43 were substantially elevated in COVID-19 patients relative to pre-pandemic controls (Figures 2C, 2D, 2H, and 2I; Figures S1C and S1D; p < 0.0001). After this boost, HKU1 and OC43 IgG antibody levels declined with estimated half-lives of 288 (95% CI [235, 372]) and 212 (95% CI [176, 268]) days, respectively (exponential decay model). IgM levels to common betacoronaviruses HKU1 and OC43 were low in both pre-pandemic controls and COVID-19 patients (Figures 2M and 2N). While pre-existing exposure and antibodies against HKU1 and OC43 betacoronaviruses are common in adults, pre-existing SARS-CoV-1 exposure is rare and antibody levels to SARS-CoV-1 spike protein were very low (essentially negative) in the pre-pandemic healthy controls. However, SARS-CoV-1 spike-reactive antibodies increased significantly after SARS-CoV-2 infection. These increases were quite striking for IgG (p = 0.0038) and also IgA (p = 0.0084) and most likely represent cross-reactive antibodies directed to SARS-CoV-2 spike epitopes that are conserved between SARS-CoV-2 and SARS CoV-1

These newly induced cross-reactive IgG antibodies generated after COVID-19 infection declined with an estimated half-life of 215 days (95% CI [168, 298]) (exponential decay model) (Figure 2). Taken together, these results show that people infected with SARS-CoV-2 may have also have some heightened immunity against the common human betacoronaviruses and more importantly against
I have had 1 cold like sickness in the last decade so ….I must already have the antibodies :)

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Allergies are high because of the dryness. We need some rain to help out.
(Then mold comes) ha, can't win.
Well, what I was referring to was more my "lack" of allergies that I have had all my life. Yep, WX contitions affect to a certain extent, and mold does bother me also. Mostly I have had problem when grass mowing (I do a lot of that) cottonwood when it is blowing and ragweed have typically been the worst. Yes conditions have been a little different the past couple of years, so just something I have noticed. I have not had a hint of a cold since my Covid very early on. We all have to just see how it goes.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Allergies are high because of the dryness. We need some rain to help out.
(Then mold comes) ha, can't win.
How best to differentiate from allergies vs a cold/covid coming on? I've had "allergies" on and off since the spring and some days thought I was getting sinus infection or cold but then fine hours later. How do people tell the difference?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me it has been obvious all my life, but I am one of the fortunate that my sinuses run rather than stopping up like some people have to endure with pressure and headaches. I usually have to carry a handkerchief and I go through a lot of Kleenex while coughing up gunk and spitting outside.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me it has been obvious all my life, but I am one of the fortunate that my sinuses run rather than stopping up like some people have to endure with pressure and headaches. I usually have to carry a handkerchief and I go through a lot of Kleenex while coughing up gunk and spitting outside
There are some good nasal sprays out there...one of the most prominent being Xclear....you should check it out both for stopping viruses before it can spread to the lungs as well as just over all sinus health.

Latest posts

Top Bottom