The new Magnum P.I.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched it and it was not bad.
I really hate commercials though.
There are a lot of old programs that I used to watch that i thought were good TV and one was MacGyver.
Watch the old ones today and You will see how far we have matured come.

I can't make it through an episode of that today ..and I am talking about the old ones. It sucks! But some reason years ago it did not suck so much.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I like a lot of the older shows. They were good and wholesome in my opinion without all the profanity that some today have. I know, cursing is quite common these days but that doesn't necessarily mean I want my grandchildren to hear it and mimic what they hear. Plus, where I worked for several decades there was very little cursing in the workplace. It's unnecessary and demeans the one using it and also the listeners. It's just my opinion, but out of respect, I never cursed in front of my mother and I don't like people to curse in front of my wife. I'm too old fashioned I guess and times have changed...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was kind of meh. The problem is that they were trying to establish new old characters in too short of a timeframe; Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii did the same thing, but they spread it across two hours. And I'm pretty sure they had more program and less commercial time back then.

I'm not really fond of them PC-ing it up by making Higgins a chick, or what they did to ROBIN-1, but I'll give it a go.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I like a lot of the older shows. They were good and wholesome in my opinion without all the profanity that some today have. I know, cursing is quite common these days but that doesn't necessarily mean I want my grandchildren to hear it and mimic what they hear. Plus, where I worked for several decades there was very little cursing in the workplace. It's unnecessary and demeans the one using it and also the listeners. It's just my opinion, but out of respect, I never cursed in front of my mother and I don't like people to curse in front of my wife. I'm too old fashioned I guess and times have changed...

Profanity is nothing more than an excuse for poor writing. Plus, none of it makes any sense!

Latest posts

Top Bottom