The new Rock Island 5.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I went down the RIA rabbit hole and I see one of these in my future...
Gun Review: Rock Island Armory PRO Match Ultra .40 & 10mm 1911s

(both share the same 16 round mag)

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-review-rock-island-armory-pro-match-ultra-40-10mm-1911s/

ria-20.jpg
ria-mantle2.jpg
ria-4.jpg
ria-6.jpg

Last edited:

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back during Covid I was wanting 10 mm and all I could find was RIA so I stepped out and bought one. My perception of RIA being of less quality was all wrong. The 1911 I bought was single stack version and shoots like a champ doesn’t matter what kind of ammo you feed it. But when it comes to striker fired pistols “just say no”

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so I went down the RIA rabbit hole and I see one of these in my future...
Gun Review: Rock Island Armory PRO Match Ultra .40 & 10mm 1911s

(both share the same 16 round mag)

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-review-rock-island-armory-pro-match-ultra-40-10mm-1911s/

View attachment 336631View attachment 336632View attachment 336633View attachment 336634
Just stopped on this post again. Man! That’s a pair to draw to. I absolutely love miy Rock Island FS A2, but after being my daily carry for several years it looks like it’s been relicd in the Fender Custom Shop. When they’re pristine they kind of make the drool run.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My perception of RIA being of less quality was all wrong. The 1911 I bought was single stack version and shoots like a champ doesn’t matter what kind of ammo you feed it. But when it comes to striker fired pistols “just say no”
Same, I've owned several 1911's over the years and the only 2 I've never had any reliabilty issues with are the 2 considered "low end". Granted, I've never owned anything in the same category as a Nighthawk, Wilson or Baer, but My Remington R1 eats anything I feed it, same with my RIA GI model in 38 Super.

Latest posts

Top Bottom