The No.1 in .458 Lott

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a sweet rig!
A buddy of mine has a couple Winchester 70 Safari’s, one in 375 H&H and the other in 416 Rem Mag. Every time he gets them out we each say we’re going to shoot them a couple times and that’s it. Then it’s, ok, one more...eh one more...alright, just these last two.
Now, they’re not 458 but I suspect you’ll do the same.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good looking #1, I just bought a .470 Capstick last month and haven't got to try it yet. I have a nice old model 77 in .458 Winchester that is pretty fun to shoot, its heavy enough the recoil is really not bad.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The difference between the 500gr .458wm and the .458Lott is definitely noticable. I went with the 2x Leopold pistol scope, eye relief was great and did what I needed it for. Just under 20 rounds cracked the rear weld on my bench sled lol. It's awesome on steel, everything else it just pokes a hole through it.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice!!!! I like the way you acquired it. Buy ammo and search for gun. I think im going to buy some 25-06, 7 SAUM, ammo and get to working something out. Let us know how it shoots for sure.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leverevolution from my 1886 laying prone with a steel butt plate was NOT fun. I did enough to zero it and after that, it was no issue.

The previous owner of the Lott said he had it zero'd at 30 yards so I'll just set my target there and that'll be good enough for now.

I'd recommend against shooting this one prone! LOL

If it were mine, I'd get a shooting stick or "Y" attachment for a tripod and sight it in from standing.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I am back from USSA and I lived to tell about it. I guess most people with these things are nancy boys or something, as it wasnt THAT bad. It was stiff for sure...but it didnt scare me away.
These were Hornady DGS 500gr @ 2300fps that we shot today. I wanted to save a few rounds for next visit so I shot 6 and my buddy shot 3.

Latest posts

Top Bottom