The official 2019 OU/Texas thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least they knew when to use the "horns down" hand sign today; there were some dorks at the KU game last week throwing the "horns down" sign. Is Texas that deep in some OU fan's heads that they do that when playing anyone?

I figured OU would blow them out - they have a lot of horses, and I told the OU fans at work that there's no one in the Big XII that's going to run with them this season. They should also send Alabama a thank you card for Hurts, as for the most part, he IS their offense.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a rabid fan of the Norman Premature Ejaculators. He begged me to bet him and said I could have the horns and 14 for a C note. I'll be collecting tomorrow on my way to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. :thanku:

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our defense played their rear ends off. I am so thankful that Mike was canned and Grinch was hired. There are going to be some good memes of him come December if you know what I mean. If the D plays that way all season and the O can get it together we could win it all. I don’t care if we beat Texas by a point as long as we beat them. Today was a great day. Weather was great and we beat Texas. Can’t get much better.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our defense played their rear ends off. I am so thankful that Mike was canned and Grinch was hired. There are going to be some good memes of him come December if you know what I mean. If the D plays that way all season and the O can get it together we could win it all. I don’t care if we beat Texas by a point as long as we beat them. Today was a great day. Weather was great and we beat Texas. Can’t get much better.
Stoops Defense.jpg

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the offense was that bad.

We scored 34 points on a good team
The 2 turnovers were bad, score would probably have been 40 to 48 without them, but otherwise
511 yards total offense
Averaged 7.7 yards per play
Ran the ball down their throats to the tune of 276 yards
Averaged 7.2 yards per carry
Only punted twice

Granted the turnovers hurt, and third down conversions weren't very good. Texas is the best team we've played so far, and guess what... the better the opponent, the harder it is to run up 700 yards of total offense and 65 points. I just don't get why everyone is saying the offense was so off, other than the turnovers it was not a bad day. Plus, anytime you are minus 2 in turnovers and win, you had a good day.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the offense was that bad.

We scored 34 points on a good team
The 2 turnovers were bad, score would probably have been 40 to 48 without them, but otherwise
511 yards total offense
Averaged 7.7 yards per play
Ran the ball down their throats to the tune of 276 yards
Averaged 7.2 yards per carry
Only punted twice

Granted the turnovers hurt, and third down conversions weren't very good. Texas is the best team we've played so far, and guess what... the better the opponent, the harder it is to run up 700 yards of total offense and 65 points. I just don't get why everyone is saying the offense was so off, other than the turnovers it was not a bad day. Plus, anytime you are minus 2 in turnovers and win, you had a good day.
We played horrible against KU so in that game we got all our miscues out of the way. OSU whuppin up on Texas knockin out some good players in that heat really helped

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least they knew when to use the "horns down" hand sign today; there were some dorks at the KU game last week throwing the "horns down" sign. Is Texas that deep in some OU fan's heads that they do that when playing anyone?

I figured OU would blow them out - they have a lot of horses, and I told the OU fans at work that there's no one in the Big XII that's going to run with them this season. They should also send Alabama a thank you card for Hurts, as for the most part, he IS their offense.

Oh you see that with a lot of rivalries. For instance, OU lives rent free in the heads of a good number of OSU fans all year given the comments and threads started around here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom