The official good at/suck at thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of us have that talent. You know, that little thang you do that makes folks say, "damn, I wish I could do that."

Then, there's that little, simple task(s) that even a blind, one-eyed drunk monkey could do, but sadly, you can not.

The inspiration for this thread just came to me as I was trying just now to start a small bonfire. I swear to God, I couldn't start a decent fire if you gave me a truckload of 3 year old cedar, a box of kitchen matches and a can of gasoline!

So, what are your talents and fails? Here's mine...

I'm a helluva cook, but I can't bake.

I can tear apart most any firearm out there, but I can't repair small engines or car engines.

I have patience with most people, even the stupid ones, but I'm super short with my family.

I'm a sinner saved by God's grace, but I can cuss like a trucker and tell some of the filthiest jokes you've ever heard. I'm talkin' ghastly!

I could probably go on and on, but I'll stop right there...for now. :respect:

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can start a fire, it’s always been easy for me, I can cook bacon and eggs, and sausage, and hamburgers, but I burn almost anything else I try to cook.
I can build almost anything out of wood, but I can’t weld for crap. I can fix almost anything in your house that breaks, except plumbing, I always make that worse.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the rest to God.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can make the best baked mac & cheese you've ever had.

I can recall from memory technical data for just about anything I work on (a practice I've learned over many years in my career), I seem to have a knack for retaining that kind of info.

I cannot mow or edge my lawn in a straight line if my life depended on it.

I cannot stop myself from overthinking every possible detail and outcome of any project I find in front of me. I could've written a book on how to install a new garage door opener before I replaced my first one a month ago!

I cannot make the switch from post it notes to digital notes, which makes it impossible to keep my office desk organized.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can start a fire, it’s always been easy for me, I can cook bacon and eggs, and sausage, and hamburgers, but I burn almost anything else I try to cook.
I can build almost anything out of wood, but I can’t weld for crap. I can fix almost anything in your house that breaks, except plumbing, I always make that worse.

We're two of a kind with food. Plumbing really is the worst. I'm pretty handy with fine wood working and welding, but I can't frame structures without a headache of maths.

What really grinds my gears is I can ring a 10" gong all day at a mile but can't group a full glock mag in a standard target bullseye circle at 20 yards.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm great at most things but excel in hardly anything lol. I've got a long list of goods and not so goods.......and a pretty long list of skills that few know about, just because I don't want folks hitting me up for weekend work that I'll never say yes to lol. Don't mind helping someone out should the need arise though.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can cook, bake and every once in awhile make some fantastic cinnamon rolls covered within and on top with pecans. I cn repair nearly everything around the house with the exception of the central air-I hate the high pressure line but can easily take care of the 220v. I am a Christian but somewhat of a curmudgeon due to family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom