THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL WANENMACHER GUN SHOW THREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went Sunday, took my son in law and his brother who'd never been. I always enjoy it cause I like looking at all the old stuff I can't afford! I didn't walk as much as I usually do as I found something I wanted and spent my money, had seen everything I wanted to so we left. I picked up a nice Winchester Low Wall made in 1914 that had been re-barreled who knows when in 45 Colt, has nice tang sight and front barreled sight which aren't cheap, I was happy! I really wanted a low wall in 22Lr, same guy had one but it was in pretty rough shape and then I saw the one in 45colt, it was 100 more but condition and sights made my mind up. I reload 45 Colt and have a bunch on hand so will be fun to plink and play with, I payed a fair price I felt for what I've seen them going for. I'm still going to find one in 22Lr at some point. Guess I'll hit the Lawton show this weekend but its usually pretty bad!!!
That is a great buy. I've been looking for one but in a 44-40. That search keeps me visiting gun shows.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely fewer tables. More jewelry sales. Fewer people (none?) with tables full of bits and pieces of this and that.

I spent a great deal of time looking for a 3 or 4" heavy SW 38 Spl barrel. Still looking.

10 years ago, if someone stopped at a table, and someone else stopped at the table across the aisle, the aisle was plugged up.
Now, the aisles are much wider, there where empty tables, and empty areas.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not make it this year; I think I went last spring but not going to swear to it - without being there this time, maybe wider isles aren't all that bad. I always felt like they were having to cram too much in a large space anyway. I could walk the whole thing and only see a portion of it because access to the tables were so difficult. Then people would run into their buddy and - there they stand, right in the way, flapping their lips (hey, I am guilty of that too). Quite honestly, it was a chore to navigate through. But it is also what made it stand apart for the others too. :anyone:

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If i remember correctly, this show used to be advertised as 4400 tables, then a couple years ago at 4200 tables, but to me it seems more closer to 3800

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot less vendors and tables looked like to me. Used to be packed wall to wall. Price of the tables is probably the reason
First time in several years I didn't have a table but that's the reason.
I spent all day Sat. walking the aisles and had a good day though.
I did notice several empty areas that have had tables before and several empty tables too.
ETA:
The man himself, Joe, told me year or so ago when I asked him about table prices, his comment was. "As long as he has a waiting list for tables, he doesn't think they're too high". Which I have to agree with but after his demise and the family??? has taken over, there has been several changes and none of them for the better IMO...

Last edited:

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First time in several years I didn't have a table but that's the reason.
I spent all day Sat. walking the aisles and had a good day though.
I did notice several empty areas that have had tables before and several empty tables too.
ETA:
The man himself, Joe, told me year or so ago when I asked him about table prices, his comment was. "As long as he has a waiting list for tables, he doesn't think they're too high". Which I have to agree with but after his demise and the family??? has taken over, there has been several changes and none of them for the better IMO...
I have to agree with you. Joe's family had better be very careful.................they'll destroy a perfectly fine gun show

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to agree with you. Joe's family had better be very careful.................they'll destroy a perfectly fine gun show

Seems like that's exactly what they are doing. The Dallas Arms Collectors Gun Show at Market Hall was always a must attend show. They lost their location partially due to Dallas County anti-gun politics. Their gun show was last at South Fork Ranch with a 90% reduction in size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom