THE Ohio State!!! Now owned by the State of Oklahom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love how people think it is ok to get on the web and call some kid they don't know a d-bag and an *******.. These are kids, some times kids do **** that may not be the best idea! That is part of growing up!! Pretty sure everyone has done silly **** growing up!!
I have....and sometimes still do.
My daughter was a great kid. Couldn't have picked one better. She screwed up on occasion. Gratefully I only knew of a few, but it was a kid being a kid and that was ok by me.
She accepted responsibility, when needed, and it just made me love and appreciate her more.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps they will iron it out if the sooners end up playing the buckeyes in a postseason bowl game.

I remember one time when OU played Nebraska twice, the second game being the orange bowl.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No actually that's not it. Every time someone gets arrested for public intox or something of the like, or worse..... I don't see you posting anything about it. Where's your conviction? Or is it just conveniently pointed. THAT'S the point.
He is a kid, they do stupid stuff.... I'm just not ready to hang him from a tree like so many other kids for getting arrested for Public Intox. God knows you'd have to arrest a good portion of the student body of OSU or OU.

Doing stupid **** like getting arrested for public intox or the like is not, for the most part, newsworthy. It becomes news worthy when the person is playing sports at a collegiate level and for a program like OSU/OU. It even becomes more news worthy when said individual is in the running for the heisman trophy.

And why do you all keep calling him a kid. The SOB is 22 freaking years old. He's old enough to vote, drink alcohol, buy a handgun, etc, etc. There are "kids" younger than him playing in the NFL and other professional sports. IF you are good enough, which he is, to be in the running for the heisman trophy as a senior in college, you are an adult. You are a man. Stop making excuses for this man.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doing stupid **** like getting arrested for public intox or the like is not, for the most part, newsworthy. It becomes news worthy when the person is playing sports at a collegiate level and for a program like OSU/OU. It even becomes more news worthy when said individual is in the running for the heisman trophy.

And why do you all keep calling him a kid. The SOB is 22 freaking years old. He's old enough to vote, drink alcohol, buy a handgun, etc, etc. There are "kids" younger than him playing in the NFL and other professional sports. IF you are good enough, which he is, to be in the running for the heisman trophy as a senior in college, you are an adult. You are a man. Stop making excuses for this man.
He's not an SOB. Who calls a KID (yeah he's a kid) a SOB? Do you know him enough to call him a SOB? Beside me (whom I'm sure you're thinking is a SOB) who else is a SOB? Is everyone a SOB but you?
Have you got a book with SOB's on one side and a short list of non SOB's on the other?
What have you got against this kid to call him a SOB?
Lastly....are you perfect? If not you may have to add your name to the SOB list!
HA!
:boxing3:

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was a complete idiot until I was 51. Now I am a retired complete idiot. Human nature, ego, fear and knowledge develope with age and experiences. I am NOT an OU fan (Played D1 ball somewhere else), but feel that the young man screwed up, and has/will learn a thing or two from it. If he does not, maybe he will pull a Johnny Manziel, I doubt it though.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a complete idiot until I was 51. Now I am a retired complete idiot. Human nature, ego, fear and knowledge develope with age and experiences. I am NOT an OU fan (Played D1 ball somewhere else), but feel that the young man screwed up, and has/will learn a thing or two from it. If he does not, maybe he will pull a Johnny Manziel, I doubt it though.
With the poise he presented at his press release, this kid is to be proud of.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Right, so I'm not sure why the newsworthy part is of significance.... again.... I've never seen your conviction with other programs here on this board. God knows we've seen some O-state kids get arrested. Why the silence? Oh it's because he's a Heisman candidate?

In terms of 22 being a kid, well that's relative observation. I'm coming from the logic, and to me... intelligent assumption.... that many grow even through their early 20s. If you knew everything from the time you turned 18, then great, you're full of chit... but whatever you want to relay is fine with me. You could show us how you were a 2 time walk on, on 2 Div I teams.... then became a starting QB and how you handled winning a huge games.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So you have never ever been drinking outside of your residence??? A couple of drinks technically you drunk in public, just didn't get caught. Not saying what he did was right but so much hate for it? Dang dude, chill. And why dog his mother?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if getting drunk and yelling profanities at a LEO and then trying to run from said LEO is just acting like a "fool" then yes. That is why i say that. As i stated in my last post. There are plenty of other top level college football players every bit as good or better than Mayfield that don't act like a "fool" thus more deserving of the Heisman.

Why do you say getting arrested for what he did is "acting like a college kid"?

We're talking about two different events. I think. But after putting up with the reincarnation of what I am pretty sure was MadDogPatriot today, I could easily have lost complete track of everything else. So...I'm going to wait to see who else does something stupid and then talk about that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom