The one that got away...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
images
This is a pic of her off the net, a Singer 1911. Held her in my hand from the mid to late 80's. Sold her for a hundred dollar profit and thought I was really doing something. I was rather stupid back then I must confess...

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my house if I sell a gun, the wifey is there waiting with her hand out wanting the money for strange things like vet bills etc. Better to do a trade and if I get a little cash to boot that I can hand her we are all happy. :D :D :D
LOL I hate to tell ya to do it behind the Mrs's back, but............ Hey Hubby's gotta be happy too

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1970, or so, I paid $285 for a Browning Hi-Power Renaissance Model - stainless, fully-engraved, gold-plated trigger, mother-of-pearl type grips - beautiful piece. Bought it at Dillard's in Little Rock. Few years later, I sold it for $750, feeling good about it. Since then, I see one every once in a while at a gunshow price at anywhere between $3,500-$5,500. Sheesh. Even worse, I could have bought the matched set of Browning Renaissance models incl the Hi-Power 9mm, the .380 and either a .32 or .25, I forget, for around $700.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So sorry!!! I have had the same problem before I finally stopped living paycheck to paycheck, and now my wife has actually developed some sort of appreciation for classic or well crafted firearms (she thinks revolvers are cool and the case hardened steel/walnut pairing on a Henry is what a gun should look like).

She is mostly correct but pretty much anything with a real wood stock is a thing of beauty. :D :D :D

Guess some day I need to get around to trying to find another Mini 30 to trade for. Sad thing is, I keep looking at the Beretta 9mm carbines even if it does not come with a wood stock. :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom