The one that got away...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kimber Pro CDP in 45. Worked over by Teddy Jacobsen. Sweetest shooting 45 I've ever owned. Middle of the Klinton AWB and someone offered me a Para P14 with 20 15 round mags and I traded it. Regretted it ever since.

I don't want to pour salt in the wound but damn..... He did some fine work.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve bought, traded, and sold hundreds of guns, but the two that still kind of haunt me are a 1969 (my birth year) Browning Hi Power I sold in the mid 90’s to buy a Sig P228 (still have it) and a pre lock Smith 396 Mountain Lite 44 special I stupidly sold off to fund something else I can’t even remember.:grumble:

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, there is a bunch of those. 4 digit 22WMR 9422 Winchester bought at the Wannamacher and ended up being hot. 22WMR Brno ZKM auto and a waffle top Marlin half mag 36A I had to hock to pay for college. 270 pre 64 model 70 stolen in Houston. Mint 3" 12 1100 Magnum my Uncles wife threw in the lake thinking it was his when she was mad at him. 243 Rem 600 Mohawk I just flat let get away. High Wall single shot I inherited and didn't realize what it was worth or even what it was at the time. A Browning sweet 16 that was my Dad's. Vintage redbird Ruger Mark 2 22 stainless/w box my ex-wife decided was hers.
A 66 Chevy II SS 327 2speed Powerglide that would rock the tires @50 sold to pay the hospital bill for my first daughter being born.

Life happens....and none of us get to take any of it with us.

But the one that bothers me most is a cherry 1897 12 with a rare 36" full barrel my friend is still holding hostage after 20yrs. I guess it bothers me most because i know it is still there. Said he will give it back when I retire for being stupid. B__-hole.

Last edited:

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 1977 Ford F-150 step side that I put 3/4 ton axles, transmission and transfer case under. Lifted 4 inches, candy apple red, blue printed 390 with some monster Dick Cepek wheels and tires. It would climb a telephone pole and run like a striped a#$ ape. I traded it in on a new 3/4 ton supercab 4x4 ford in 1987 when I went to college.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long legs, long black hair and green eyes that would hypnotize you. Kim was her name. I was 21 and she was looking to start a family. I was wanting to hit the road. I think about her almost everyday. Especially when I watch News 9's morning show. One of the news ladies is the spitting image lol

Kimber Pro CDP in 45. Worked over by Teddy Jacobsen. Sweetest shooting 45 I've ever owned. Middle of the Klinton AWB and someone offered me a Para P14 with 20 15 round mags and I traded it. Regretted it ever since.

1999 Ford Ranger Single Cab 4x4. Black on black on black. 4.0 V6. Bought her new off special order and drove her till 2005. Wife (now ex) wanted something with more room and I sold it. Should have kicked her ass to the curb instead.
I had an '01 Ranger. I loved that little truck.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first became a lawman back in June of 1989, I didn't own a gun, so I had to borrow one from my uncle. He had a brand new Smith & Wesson pinned and recessed model 13 round butt, with a 3 inch barrel. He offered to sell it to me for $200! :faint:

But, like a dumbass, I turned him down, because I wanted something in stainless steel. I toted it for a few months until I had the funds to purchase a model 681, which I took to CLEET and qualified with.

I never saw that 3 inch, blue steel beauty again. My uncle sold it to somebody else. :scream:

Latest posts

Top Bottom