The Open Carry Battle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fox 23 is where I found it it’s pretty confusing unless your a lawyer the part I was wanting to know about was long Guns it said you could carry one magazine loaded but not chambered but had to locked up ????

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes I pee out in the open; in the woods, the backyard when I’m not in an area a neighbor can see my junk. It’s a nice feeling, to be part of nature and nature’s cycles. sometimes I recognize the need To pee in the bathroom, in a stall, in a urinal or in a toilet. It’s socially more acceptable (and sometimes the law) to do this as opposed to whip it out on a street corner and wash off the curb (unless you’re in China- nasty place).

I would say it’s every person’s right to take a p_ss although where it’s done may be regulated by societal pressures and laws.

not much different than what our 2a laws are giving us these days, and I’m pretty cool w it.
This is all true, except that there isn't a constitutional amendment that guarantees your right to pee. As a side note, there also aren't a half dozen or more organized special interest groups who exist specifically for the purpose to ban peeing. </shrug>

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one I read didn’t cover what I was being asked about but this one did guys kept asking me why they couldn’t keep it loaded in a vehicle
Under the original SDA law, you could carry a long gun with the magazine loaded, and inserted, but not chamber loaded only if you had the CC license. If you didn't have the license, you had to use the old laws and I'm not real familiar with them. I think you had to have the long gun completely unloaded and out of reach of the driver or something. Don't remember. It doesn't matter now.
I haven't read what if any has changed with the Constitutional Carry laws regarding long guns been lazy I guess because I always have an MSR in the truck and a bump at the wrong time will release the bolt lock and load the chamber if the magazine is inserted making it an illegal carry under the original SDA, so I always leave the magazine nearby.
For the record, I don't understand why any long gun can't be chamber loaded because your pistol can be chamber loaded and a pistol can be brought into play much quicker than a long gun.

Rollpin

Immaculata, Who Are You?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<snip>
For the record, I don't understand why any long gun can't be chamber loaded because your pistol can be chamber loaded and a pistol can be brought into play much quicker than a long gun.

It's my understanding it has to do with Depart of Wildlife issues about road hunting. At least that was the answer I received in Colorado when asking about the same law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom