The Open Carry Battle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's how I feel about it. If I choose to carry concealed one day fine. If I choose to carry open one day fine. You know why? Because I have the right to period. And all the people that think open carry isn't right I don't care because it's my right to in the first damn place. I've heard all the pros and cons for both ways. I not talking about walking around with a Benelli M4 slung over my shoulder but rather going about my business with a sidearm on my hip.It's time to take a stand my friends . I'm tired of living worrying about thugs taking over our streets. I'm pretty good at knowing my surroundings and I'm not one to cow down to vermon. If I go out I go out knowing I'm standing up for my rights a lot of good citizens have fought and died for so that I could enjoy them. Quit hiding behind excuses. Put up or shut up. It's time to show that we're normal people that enjoy the rights we are all entitled to.
Some in this thread want you to STFU, go to work, quit talking and carrying OC.
I've OC'd before in hunting situations many years before the CC law came into effect. Not a word was said by LEO that I came in contact with as well as part of the farm dutys where it was easier to OC when crawling around and on machinery.
Never in public though even when OC came in and probably won't when Constitutional carry becomes legal, but I damned sure won't object to those that want to.
That's why it's called Constitutional Carry. You have a choice!

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir, there. I've been harping about gun concealment and weapon retention.

Well, I feel the same way which is why I don’t open carry but still, situational awareness and being aware of your surroundings probably would have prevented that. Or even a much better holster that’s actually attached to your belt would’ve more than likely prevented that.

But look, I’m not advocating open carry. I’ve already stated that the only time I do it is when out in the woods or just plain and simply not in an urban environment but, open carry can be much better executed by those who still wish to do it to take advantage of the ease of carry, much more comfortable, better option to carry a full-size pistol with more rounds and much quicker draws if they do it properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the new law state you can be stopped simply for open carry and that LEOs can run you in the system for no other reason? I don't recall reading that. Just because someone open carries the LEO shouldn't be allowed to ask them sh#t if they are not breaking any laws.

You’ll just have to wait until they print out and fully distribute the new SDA regulation book and read up on it.

I mean yeah, with current laws, if you’re gonna be openly carrying a pistol then you better have a permit but then again, will the law think anyone they see openly carrying a gun is gonna be that stupid to do it without a permit? I mean, this isn’t the Wild Wild West anymore. The days of Billy the Kid and Jesse James have long been over with. lol.

But yeah, I could see the law harassing open carriers but I still don’t think anyone who has half a brain who knows they aren’t supposed to have a gun, is gonna open carry it. Especially now that in a week, permits will no longer be required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom