The plot thickens.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First:
[begin quote]
IDABEL, Okla. — Residents in McCurtain County are outraged after a newspaper article revealed racist comments and threats of murder involving county officials.

The McCurtain Gazette newspaper published an audio recording they obtainedwhere the group is heard discussing a plot to kill the publisher and his son, as well as making racist comments condoning lynching and derogatory remarks about a woman who recently died in a house fire.

A large crowd gathered outside the McCurtain County Commissioners' office during their weekly meeting Monday. Many residents are echoing Governor Kevin Stitt’s resignation calls for Sheriff Kevin Clardy, MCSO Captain Alicia Manning, Larry Hendrix (jail administrator) and County Commissioner Mark Jennings. All were absent from today's meeting.
https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-new...mayor-demand-resignations-of-county-officials[End quote]

Then:

[Begin quote]
A southeastern Oklahoma sheriff's office says the recording in which the sheriff and others are reportedly heard discussing killing two journalists was illegal and predicted felony charges will be filed.

A statement on the sheriff's office Facebook page, the first public statement since the comments by Sheriff Kevin Clardy and others were reported by the McCurtain Gazette-News, does not address the recorded comments about killing journalists and hanging Black people, but calls the situation “complex” and one “we regret having to address.”

The threatening comments by the officials that were recorded have sparked outrage and protests. Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt and state Rep. Eddy Dempsey, a Republican who represents the area, have called for Clardy and others to resign.

The sheriff's statement calls the past 72 hours “amongst the most difficult and disruptive in recent memory” and says the recording was altered and involves many victims.

https://ktul.com/news/local/oklahoma-sheriff-says-recording-of-killing-talk-was-illegal#[End quote]

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a mucking fess! How ****ed up is that?

Kick their assses out of the State. Send'em to Cuba or some really nice weather place.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
McCurtain County has always been corrupt for as long as i can remember, back in the day that was where most of the drugs came from and the head LE was involve in most of it or you didnt do business from that county. Not counting the murders and other illegal stuff that went on there.
In the late 70's early 80's, Beaver County elected a new sheriff and the rustling almost ceased and not because of extra patrols or increased law enforcement against rustlers.

I forgot, he wasn't a burglar he was a rustler. My mistake.

Last edited:

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
McCurtain County has always been corrupt for as long as i can remember, back in the day that was where most of the drugs came from and the head LE was involve in most of it or you didnt do business from that county. Not counting the murders and other illegal stuff that went on there.
Little Dixie mafia had a tremendous hold on things in the sixties. My ex was raised there and graduated high school as Broken Bow Savage. Her folks always believed that county was controlled by the mafia from New Orleans

Latest posts

Top Bottom