The plot thickens.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, what you are saying is that you like what is best for the people in that county.

Do you live there? Or are you merely a wannabe Dictator?
I do not live there. I do have a political affiliation and I'm an Oklahoma native, so that gives me standing to state my opinion, whether anyone agrees with it or not. NONE of us needs people like that wielding power, especially law enforcement and civil authority powers.

And just for reference, I'd make the best benevolent Dictator anyone has ever heard of. ;)

Do we listen to what we are saying?

We are saying that these folks should be killed because they said that other folks should be killed.
I'm certainly not saying that, as it would make us no better than them. They just need to be stripped of their authorities and sent packing!

That was just one example. There are many more.

I am NOT excusing what they said. I AM saying leftists should be held to the same standard.

Having said that, I would actually posit that some activists actually have more raw power than a few podunk county officials. Just a different kind.
Agreed, but county officials can truly make someone's live a living hell if they have no moral character.

I've heard the sheriff et al saying the recording was altered. What I haven't heard is them saying it's altered and they didn't say it.

Unless that's the story, they just need to resign and hope they can fade away.
Yep, the clues are all there. If it were altered they'd be screaming from the rooftops to have OSBI do a forensic examination of the recording. They haven't. :(

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was just one example. There are many more.

I am NOT excusing what they said. I AM saying leftists should be held to the same standard.

Having said that, I would actually posit that some activists actually have more raw power than a few podunk county officials. Just a different kind.
Which standard is that? If you are talking about 'don't suggest people get murdered' sure. Let's do that across the board as basic human decency.

If you are referring to violating open meetings laws and abusing positions of power then it's hard to do unless the 'leftests' are the ones in the elected position. In which case, yes, let's consider holding all our politicians to such standards as 'following the law'

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And just for reference, I'd make the best benevolent Dictator anyone has ever heard of. ;)

Hahhhaaaa! I have often said something very similar about myself!

Seriously, what we have here is several legally elected office holders having a conversation. If the people of that area elect them, that is what the people want.

As far as I know, the elected officials have done nothing illegal.

But there is certainly many folks saying they should be stripped of office. Sounds sort of high-handed to me.

On the other hand, there is some talk that the recording was illegal, although if it was indeed during a Commissioners meeting than I don't know about any illegality of recording a public meeting.

There is still a good bit we don't know.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Seriously, what we have here is several legally elected office holders having a conversation. If the people of that area elect them, that is what the people want.

But there is certainly many folks saying they should be stripped of office. Sounds sort of high-handed to me.

On the other hand, there is some talk that the recording was illegal, although if it was indeed during a Commissioners meeting than I don't know about any illegality of recording a public meeting.

Terrible take. Just terrible. :angry3:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

putting aside talking them about the lynching and deaths of others... were the rest of their conversation in violation of the open meetings laws? That is what i read was the impetus to use the recorder in the first place. It was suspected, hence the recording. Were there other instances of the violation of that law found?

I know i personally had to do several hours of ethics training to learn about the Mississippi open meetings laws for the commission i volunteer for in my town. Legally, we can't have four of our members in the same room discussing commission business without announcing it in advance because it's considered a quorum and would be a violation of the law if we did.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can’t win or are losing the argument, change the subject.
That's like the QB sneak in foolsball.
I heard it said
"If the law is on your side then pound the law.
If the facts are on your side then pound the facts.
If neither the law nor the facts are on your side then pound the table."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was on a school board, the board could go into what was called "executive session" where everyone was out of the room except the school board and the school superintendent. I would think that if their situation was that they were in an "executive session," it is NOT considered a public meeting, and if that were the case here, the recording might very well be illegal.

Now, if this occurred AFTER the meeting was done and deemed as closed, they were still in a public place and the recording might be legitimate, although I thought that such recordings in Oklahoma required at least one participant to know of the recording. But, with the reporter out of the room and his recorder in the room, that one is questionable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom