The RINO Tulsa Mayor on Front Page of Fox News - Trying to limit Trump Rally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The precautions are not the reason I call him a rino. The reason he is a rino is he stated that he is not going to attend the rally because he doesn't attend political gatherings. He is pandering for the liberal vote.

so he should go to the rally, which he has said probably shouldn't happen right now, in order to, what? Hypocritically pander to the conservative vote?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to wonder if they're taking temps and passing out masks and hand sanitizer, and the BOK Center has placed dispensers with enough sanitizer to serve 500K people, what kinds of transmission numbers are we talking because 19K people will attend one event for a few hours? 100? 1,000? 10,000? I'd be utterly shocked if it was more than a few hundred overall.

Do we have any numbers from the protests yet?

I don't know what the best answer is, I only know what my preps are. I'll be on the lake fishing. I will not go anywhere near the Northern side of Tulsa tomorrow, from the airport to downtown and everywhere in-between. My likelihood of contracting Covid, getting caught in civil unrest or even sitting in snarled traffic is pretty much nil, because I avoid large gatherings of people and anything to do with "VIP's" like the plague.

But I don't like people so that's just like, my opinion man... :coffee2:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have to wonder if they're taking temps and passing out masks and hand sanitizer, and the BOK Center has placed dispensers with enough sanitizer to serve 500K people, what kinds of transmission numbers are we talking because 19K people will attend one event for a few hours? 100? 1,000? 10,000? I'd be utterly shocked if it was more than a few hundred overall.

Do we have any numbers from the protests yet?

I don't know what the best answer is, I only know what my preps are. I'll be on the lake fishing. I will not go anywhere near the Northern side of Tulsa tomorrow, from the airport to downtown and everywhere in-between. My likelihood of contracting Covid, getting caught in civil unrest or even sitting in snarled traffic is pretty much nil, because I avoid large gatherings of people and anything to do with "VIP's" like the plague.

But I don't like people so that's just like, my opinion man... :coffee2:

We only accept opinions from members who like people here man lmao :) :)

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump warns ‘anarchists’ not to disrupt Tulsa rally, after threat prompts emergency order

President Trump pointedly warned “anarchists” and other “agitators” not to disrupt his campaign rally in Tulsa, Okla., this weekend, after an apparent threat that outside groups may be planning to cause "unrest" at the scene prompted an emergency order from the mayor.

“Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis,” Trump tweeted Friday. “It will be a much different scene.”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!

The president’s tweet comes after Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum, a Republican, declared a civil emergency and announced a curfew near the arena where Trump plans to hold a campaign rally on Saturday.

Bynum, in his order, said “in the interest of national security,” he would establish a “federal exclusion zone” in the vicinity of the rally.

TULSA MAYOR DECLARES CIVIL EMERGENCY AHEAD OF TRUMP RALLY

Bynum cited recent “civil unrest,” expected “crowds in excess of 100,000” in the vicinity of the rally and opposition protests in his decision to place a federal exclusion zone for a six-block radius near the arena.

The mayor specifically warned that he has “received information from the Tulsa Police Department and other law enforcement agencies that shows that individuals from organized groups who have been involved in destructive and violent behavior in other States are planning to travel to the City of Tulsa for the purposes of causing unrest in and around the rally.”

Tulsa Police

@TulsaPolice
CURFEW IN EFFECT FOR DOWNTOWN

As part of our preparations for President Trump’s Rally this Saturday, we are working on making the area secure for everyone’s safety.

As posted earlier, the area illustrated in this map will need to be free of vehicles and pedestrian traffic.

Due to the threat and related factors, Bynum imposed a curfew in the vicinity of the rally from late Thursday night to 6 a.m. on Saturday — the day of the rally — and from the conclusion of the rally Saturday night until 6 a.m. on Sunday.

The curfew prohibits people from “walking, running, loitering, standing or motoring upon any alley, street, highway, public property, sidewalk, or vacant premises” within the vicinity covered by the curfew.

Trump campaign reacts to Tulsa mayor declaring civil emergency ahead of rallyVideo
The order also prohibits the “manufacture, transfer, use, possession or transportation of a Molotov cocktail” or any other device “designed to explode” in the city, and prohibits the use of gasoline or any flammable explosive liquids “except in connection with the normal operations of motor vehicles.”

The emergency order comes after nationwide protests initially escalated into violent riots in many cities in response to the death of Minneapolis man George Floyd in police custody last month. Those protests have largely been peaceful in recent weeks, however.

Meanwhile, the BOK Center asked the Trump campaign for a written plan outlining how it will incorporate social distancing and other "health and safety" steps, citing an uptick in coronavirus cases. The arena, which can hold up to 20,000 people, had Trump supporters lining up outside for days ahead of the rally.

According to the Trump campaign, more than 1 million people have registered online for the first-come-first-serve rally. Those supporters were required to sign a waiver releasing the Trump campaign from responsibility for possible exposure to the coronavirus.

Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale on Friday said that the rally is "a much different rally," noting that the arena will have "an outer perimeter fence that allows a much larger amount of people to come."

"People on the internet are like, the arena is only 20,000," Parscale said on "Fox & Friends" Friday. "Well, this is more of a festival-like -- much more looking almost like a convention."

He added: "Tens of thousands of people will be able to be in attendance and we're going to have multiple places where the president can speak."

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no fan of Bynum lately, but he's not wrong on this one. Look for some buses to roll up outside of downtown tomorrow. Lots of people on the left want this to go badly.

Keep in mind... IF something happened and he didn't do any of this. Half of you would say... ByNum LeT iT HapPEn!! So he's just getting ahead of it IMO.

The Buses and vans are already arriving. there was 5 big white vans full from St.Louis at Wendy's
A worker said they had been there since 9 singing and chanting.

This is one humans opinion. I'm going with the CDC.

The morons at CDC say Gun Ownership is a disease so I guess you better go turn yours in. See the light and be cured.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the COVID numbers trending up pretty dramatically I'm still not against having the rally. It's simple, just stay the hell away if you are uncomfortable with the risk.

And I'm no fan of the Tulsa Mayor or OKC's either, but they allegedly have "intelligence" that could indicate trouble. So is he supposed to just sit on his hands? I usually call BS on these things but this did happen yesterday and I haven't seen a word about it on the national news or the locals. Makes one wonder...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the COVID numbers trending up pretty dramatically I'm still not against having the rally. It's simple, just stay the hell away if you are uncomfortable with the risk.

And I'm no fan of the Tulsa Mayor or OKC's either, but they allegedly have "intelligence" that could indicate trouble. So is he supposed to just sit on his hands? I usually call BS on these things but this did happen yesterday and I haven't seen a word about it on the national news or the locals. Makes one wonder...

The problem is that staying away isn't enough....all of those people will leave the rally and spread out. Back to homes, work, leisure, and other contacts. It's just plain dumb to be having a massive indoor gathering like this so soon after entering Phase 3, when indicators are trending significantly up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom