The Ruger® SR-762™

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bill's in Claremore had them today in 16.5" for $1700. I have been shopping this week tried M&P, Sig and DPMS, Ruger was much lighter than all don't like M&P cut down barrel

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bill's in Claremore had them today in 16.5" for $1700. I have been shopping this week tried M&P, Sig and DPMS, Ruger was much lighter than all don't like M&P cut down barrel

Yea. That barrel really turned me off to the S&W. I almost bought the ruger...but then came back to earth...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HMMMMM! That $1599 price tag shoots some pretty big holes in the $2195.00/$2200 mantra that has been shouted out by those who like other makes of 7.62x51 rifles or just flat don't like Ruger.

You can thank Ruger for the ridiculous MSRP that's $500 more the M&P10. It is nice to see the real world street price down where it is. The Ruger looks nice like their .223 model, but I'm still just not a fan of the piston on a semi. But at the better price point I'd at least consider it. Especially if suppressor use was in the cards, otherwise it's kind of a waste.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way it's lighter than the M&P10. That sucker is trim. I for one love a pencil profile barrel. I put a similar Criterion lightweight CL on my LR-308. Before that, I thoroughly enjoyed my M-14.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgive a possibly silly question, but are the magazines the same ones that are made for the Gunsite Scout? At first glance they look the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom