The scummiest dealer experience in my life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz-

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the website and asked the online rep about it and all she answered was to provide my name and number so the sales team could reach out to me. I was getting a 'socket error' when trying to reply asking if I was required to finance through the dealer for the $48,888 price so didn't try again.

It does have this under details but nowhere on the listing is a double asterisk for this reference:
**With approved credit. Terms may vary. Monthly payments are only estimates derived from the vehicle price with a 72 month term, 5.9% interest and 20% downpayment
what's funny is those assumed terms would have made it much closer to what I was expecting. Their numbers would have been like 30% interest or an actual selling price of 80k. hard to say since they basically refused to ever list every figure always omitting something.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what's funny is those assumed terms would have made it much closer to what I was expecting. Their numbers would have been like 30% interest or an actual selling price of 80k. hard to say since they basically refused to ever list every figure always omitting something.
Agree - pretty much a useless dealer IMO.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always wondered if a car dealership model would work where the salesmen were pros who actually had authority to do deals without all the silly manager, f&I crap. Apparently not, or surely it would be the rule. Because almost everyone is aggravated by the way they work now- basically like you're an imbecile.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well for starters, their stated MSRP is a lie. Actual MSRP on that car is around $55K. However, even with a 2K bump, being a hard loaded ‘22 GT Premium PP1 with MagneRide and active exhaust, $48,888 for one with 4,100 miles is actually a good deal.

That’s why they wouldn’t let you buy it for that price.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve bought my fair share of new vehicles so I’ve built relationships with the new car manager or GM of a few places. A few weeks ago I bought an F250 in Arkansas. This particular one was a unicorn so I didn’t even mess around. Had an 853 credit score and their finance was 5.79. Waited about 5 days and called Wells Fargo for the account number and payoff. Had Navy Federal cut me a check and sent it in to pay off that crap. Play their game and do what you have to do.
Some also have early payoff penalty fees. I always ask and get it in writing if they do not. I always explain to them I like to double pay some months which sets them at ease.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wondered if a car dealership model would work where the salesmen were pros who actually had authority to do deals without all the silly manager, f&I crap. Apparently not, or surely it would be the rule. Because almost everyone is aggravated by the way they work now- basically like you're an imbecile.
Nope. Too much turnover in personnel to have that much authority. Don't make a quota this month? See ya.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heh, might be nice though I like some of the newer updates. I'd love to try a supercharged mustang. The GT honestly while I didnt get a chance to really wring it, was certainly noticablely slower than my F Type. (Though I'd think not nearly the maintenance nightmare as the jag)
I seriously told my brother-in-law DO NOT BUY A JAG, I grew up in the car business and every one I ever saw had a mystery problem that couldn't be cured. English cars look awesome and run like ****. Anyway I said "if you do buy one of those turds at the very least have a mechanic check it over. Next thing I know he pulls up in a Jag. I asked him "did you have it check out?" he replied "I think I'm smart enough to know a decent car when I see one". Cut to the chase, one problem after another, always a headache. Now a few months later and his "dream car" is now a bird bath and will forever remain one. My mechanic always said "never buy a Jag or a VW bus", good advice.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One way around this, see if they have early payoff provisions on their loan, if not get the loan and make up a BS story about getting an equity loan after fixing up your home in a year or two, pay it off in full before the first payment. You will be out a little interest but gets the sales person off your back, also will PO the bank they are dealing with.
This is exactly what I do. Holy ****, have I pissed off a couple of lenders.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seriously told my brother-in-law DO NOT BUY A JAG, I grew up in the car business and every one I ever saw had a mystery problem that couldn't be cured. English cars look awesome and run like ****. Anyway I said "if you do buy one of those turds at the very least have a mechanic check it over. Next thing I know he pulls up in a Jag. I asked him "did you have it check out?" he replied "I think I'm smart enough to know a decent car when I see one". Cut to the chase, one problem after another, always a headache. Now a few months later and his "dream car" is now a bird bath and will forever remain one. My mechanic always said "never buy a Jag or a VW bus", good advice.
Do you know why there are no British made computers?

They havent figured out how to get them to leak oil.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Car salesmen are raking up there with politicians and lawyers in my book. All scum.
Man that’s not true. There are some good ones too. I’m not sure what you do for a living but unless you’re a public servant, your company makes a profit too. You shouldn’t lump everyone in one pile. I will agree the sleezy ones are the worst of the worst.

Latest posts

Top Bottom