The seasons change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the import of Mexican cattle is down, why haven’t prices gone up at the sale barns here in the US?!?
No idea, but I believe it can happen at the drop of a hat. I do know hay is up and selling out pdq. My usual hay man had another man sell all his hay for him. So when I touched base with him he apologized and said he'd locate some for me. Well we all know it's not a comfortable feeling getting caught with your pant's down. I got hay coming this morning so once it's here I can breath easy.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No idea, but I believe it can happen at the drop of a hat. I do know hay is up and selling out pdq. My usual hay man had another man sell all his hay for him. So when I touched base with him he apologized and said he'd locate some for me. Well we all know it's not a comfortable feeling getting caught with your pant's down. I got hay coming this morning so once it's here I can breath easy.
I‘ve been buying my hay, but I‘ve been trying to get a guy to cut my place for almost a month. I guess I’m going to have to just buy some again this year. My neighbor has a hay field about a mile from my house and sold me hay off that field last year. It wasn’t the best hay, but it sure makes hauling easy. :anyone:
What are you having to pay this year?

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$50 delivered, which saves me labor and pushing the gas sucking 6.0. He's on his way with 20 at 1 time where I'm limited to 4 at a haul. I'm seeing it advertised @ $65. Most hay makers have upped their price and it's flying off the shelves. Good chance it's being purchased from out of state buyers too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom