The Shotty Showdown! Mossberg 500/590 vs Remington 870. Which one and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer?

• Mossberg 500/590

• Remington 870

Results are only viewable after voting.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned a couple of Remingtons (rifles), but never had a shotgun of either brand.

However, I'd have no problem with buying either one, as long as it felt comfortable to me. The "brand" thing is generally over-rated with major companies IMO.

Your call. :drunk2:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, I'll put up my 1928 year model Model 12 Winchester against every pump gun mentioned. Of course, it's been brought up to new gun standards.
I'd never use a pump gun for home defense though.
When I was stationed in Panama, we had Winchester 1300s complete with M1917 pig sticker bayonets. They were WELLLLLL worn. For the most part they functioned well though

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The potentiality of having one arm or hand injured then precludes the use of the pump in many cases. Lots of folks prefer semi-auto shotguns for one handed operations.
It wont be an issue. When you rack the action on a pump shotty, in the dark, whoever is in the house will make a new exit hole leaving with no shots ever fired...lol

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The poll needs neither, or other options.
Hey Dennis,
I definitely understand and had even considered it, but I really wanted to get a feel of the board's preference between just the two, and increasing options by just one would substantially reduce my likelyhood of obtaining a definitive answer between the two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom