The Shotty Showdown! Mossberg 500/590 vs Remington 870. Which one and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer?

• Mossberg 500/590

• Remington 870

Results are only viewable after voting.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
giphy.gif

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "brand" thing is generally over-rated with major companies IMO.

Your call. :drunk2:

Hey Mac,
In most cases, I would definitely agree. After all, most companies are designing products so similar to their competitors' it's difficult to even distinguish the two. In this case, however, I feel there are enough differences between the two, that even if they were made by the same company, there would still be enough cause to justify the thread.

Mike

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Mac,
In most cases, I would definitely agree. After all, most companies are designing products so similar to their competitors' it's difficult to even distinguish the two. In this case, however, I feel there are enough differences between the two, that even if they were made by the same company, there would still be enough cause to justify the thread.

Mike
Fair enough. I'll offer a generic point that may or may not apply to these shotguns.

Regarding the action bar(s) from the forepiece assembly. Some guns have one bar, some have two (dual). Two are alledgedly better for smoothness and dependability under pressure (i.e. rapid-fire).

Also... I know this is a poll for two specific guns, but you might consider looking at a Rock Island M5.

Just a couple thoughts. Luck. :drunk2:

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
some time early in the new year, there will be a two piece 80% receiver available that uses mossberg components and ar15 trigger, safety, grip, and stock.

it's a thing of beauty.
25158363_727566277433163_8288463942261795244_n.jpg

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
870 Tactical Express. 30 hole barrel port. Scattergun Technologies ghost ring rear, tritium front. Scattergun Technologies +1 extension. Hogue 13"LOP stock. Smoothed and tuned action, ain't no short stroking this bad boy. Surefire forend.

IMG_3293.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom