The simple (or not so simple) question of chasing the American Dream: now vs then.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The middle class is a political and marketing gimmic for the uneducated or naive. Politically it’s used to create envy and hatred toward those who have something you don’t. Marketing it’s used as a carrot to sell more crap. The more money I make, the less value I place in buying crap.
Money has always been smartly put in the bank or into real estate.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you have what you need, what difference the label make? If you have more than what you need what difference does the label make? If you have less than what you need what difference does the label make? Those that don't "think" they have enough, will never have enough, no matter what label you give them. The term "classes" has and will continue to ruin societies, continue division and make the po folks long for more and despise the rich folks and the rich folk will continue to look down on the po folk. It's all moot, folks will always compare themselves to others, society and government takes advantage of it.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clearly you haven't looked at housing prices there lately.
It's been about two years since I've seen a home listed in Austin online. About the low $200K's for a new 3-4 br. home with garage outside the southern range of Tornado Alley. There have been a couple new homes in the greater area of Pocatello, ID under $200K. I should look at Wyoming and the Dakotas too. I would not purchase a home in OK. I rent here now. Austin is clearly more exciting to live in than SW Oklahoma.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been about two years since I've seen a home listed in Austin online. About the low $200K's for a new 3-4 br. home with garage outside the southern range of Tornado Alley. There have been a couple new homes in the greater area of Pocatello, ID under $200K. I should look at Wyoming and the Dakotas too. I would not purchase a home in OK. I rent here now. Austin is clearly more exciting to live in than SW Oklahoma.
Austin is a liberal hole with more and more Californians making it an even larger liberal hole. You probably cant get anything for the low 300's there anymore, likely in the 400's for decent living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom