The simple (or not so simple) question of chasing the American Dream: now vs then.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I might even like South Dakota better than Austin. Sparely populated, little crime, no tornados or hurricanes, constitution carry, no pollution, traffic or congestion, red state. Beautiful Mount Rushmore and Black Hills scenery. Rivers, rivers and lakes. Hunter's paradise. No Fort Sill cannons booming. Homes a little more pricey than Texas but not by much.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget 9 months of winter.
Winters can't be much worse than Bosie, ID. I'm sure the infrastructure in SD is well-winterized unlike Texas. I've lived in SW Idaho for 10 years. I like weather on the cooler side than on the hotter side.

Probably would prudently have a 4x4 Toyota truck, a push snow blower with a lawn mower engine and a heated dog house for my pooches.

Last edited:

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once worked for a company based in Sioux Falls, they would bring us back to the plant every quarter. Was pretty tough on (at the time) this California boy. No thanks they can have it.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once worked for a company based in Sioux Falls, they would bring us back to the plant every quarter. Was pretty tough on (at the time) this California boy. No thanks they can have it.
I have working in the trucking industry in mind: truck driving, logistics management for a freight motor carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom