The sky is falling!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still here, guess I missed my chance at a lawsuit.

Only one person in history has been hit by falling space junk, and it was in Oklahoma!

US website Aerospace reports the story of Lottie Williams, the only human being who has been hit so far by an orbital debris: “Reportedly, only one individual has been struck by debris from a reentering spacecraft’s. Lottie Williams of Tulsa, Oklahoma reported that she was struck on the shoulder while walking. The timing and location were consistent with debris from the Delta second stage reentry from which debris was recovered several hundred miles away in Texas. The debris that struck Ms. Williams has not been examined to confirm its origin.”

According to Space.com “The debris was later confirmed to have been part of a fuel tank from a Delta 2 rocket, and other pieces of the booster were recovered several hundred miles away in Texas.”

http://www.spacesafetymagazine.com/...atellite/has-anyone-been-hit-by-space-debris/

I remember the panic when Skylab was going to re-enter the atmosphere. The folks I worked with all bought hard hats, and some kegs of beer, and had a skylab party. The world was in a panic on that one. I think it fell into the Indian Ocean.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I like deer hunting. Nothing like watching the stars for an hour or so in the morning, and watching/listening to the world wake up around me. Pretty serene.

I love the tree stand time as well, also sitting around the camp fire at night, shooting the bull and sipping some good booze. Don't really care if I see deer or not, nothing eases my mind like being in the woods!!! Don't get me wrong getting a deer is icing on the cake!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom