The Social Dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't OSA social media? I know that nobody but a few gun nuts, hunters, fishermen, and alphabet agencies are paying attention, but doesn't this place qualify as social media?

LOL. No this isn't social media. It's a safe place for fuds to virtue signal how they don't use FB or Twitter and that they are immune from the effects of the echo chamber and AI steering.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. No this isn't social media. It's a safe place for fuds to virtue signal how they don't use FB or Twitter and that they are immune from the effects of the echo chamber and AI steering.

*Fudds

Not sure how AI steering is working here???

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not everyone on here eschews Facebook. We have at least one guy on here who girds his loins every day, wades into the thick of things, and does battle over there. I like to think he's making a difference.
What difference are YOU making?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The echo chamber works really well though.

I don't mind my echo chamber at all. Really comfortable here. ;)

World is an interesting place right now. I'm old enough to remember when my grandparents FINALLY got "the electric". My kids didn't grow up on a computer, though it appears their kids have taught them well and everyone is much more computer literate and into the social media and gaming stuff than I am.

Interesting times we live in, that is for sure.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't mind my echo chamber at all. Really comfortable here. ;)

World is an interesting place right now. I'm old enough to remember when my grandparents FINALLY got "the electric". My kids didn't grow up on a computer, though it appears their kids have taught them well and everyone is much more computer literate and into the social media and gaming stuff than I am.

Interesting times we live in, that is for sure.

Interesting indeed. The funny thing about the echo chamber effect is that people I know on the Progressive side think that it is only a factor for the Right. They are constantly wailing about the amplification of right-wing hatred blah blah...but they don't realize that their own movement is being steered by the same tools.

It puts everyone in a box, surrounds them with like minded messages, and creates the illusion of "I'm right and therefore my means to an end are justified". It kills empathy and any hope of actual dialogue or two way communication. Everyone just digs in. We see it on display here on OSA and all over the interwebs every day.

We'll see where it goes.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting indeed. The funny thing about the echo chamber effect is that people I know on the Progressive side think that it is only a factor for the Right. They are constantly wailing about the amplification of right-wing hatred blah blah...but they don't realize that their own movement is being steered by the same tools.

It puts everyone in a box, surrounds them with like minded messages, and creates the illusion of "I'm right and therefore my means to an end are justified". It kills empathy and any hope of actual dialogue or two way communication. Everyone just digs in. We see it on display here on OSA and all over the interwebs every day.

We'll see where it goes.

Yep. I work with an attorney who is a "raging liberal". I have learned to be sensitive to his beliefs because when we "discuss" current events it is clear he isn't interested one bit in having an honest discussion. It is painfully clear he has become accustomed to getting nothing but high 5s and attaboys from his gaming buddies.

It's okay. I'm not interested in converting anyone to my "side" anyhooo ... And I have become insanely lazy over the years. You wanna believe stupid **** -- hey!! It's cool. I'm not his mom or his wife and I only see him a couple times a month so more power to him. Lol What is an absolute HOOT about the whole thing is he has told mutual acquaintances that he thinks he's converted me over to the left. Rotflmao!! Nope. Not even a little bit. I'm still where I've always been -- too conservative to be a liberal and too liberal to be a conservative. ;)

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I work with an attorney who is a "raging liberal". I have learned to be sensitive to his beliefs because when we "discuss" current events it is clear he isn't interested one bit in having an honest discussion. It is painfully clear he has become accustomed to getting nothing but high 5s and attaboys from his gaming buddies.

It's okay. I'm not interested in converting anyone to my "side" anyhooo ... And I have become insanely lazy over the years. You wanna believe stupid **** -- hey!! It's cool. I'm not his mom or his wife and I only see him a couple times a month so more power to him. Lol What is an absolute HOOT about the whole thing is he has told mutual acquaintances that he thinks he's converted me over to the left. Rotflmao!! Nope. Not even a little bit. I'm still where I've always been -- too conservative to be a liberal and too liberal to be a conservative. ;)

That's kinda where I'm at. There are good planks in both sides. Both have planks that have rotted off the deep end. If we could take the best planks from each side, we'd have a really good deck! Now, trying to get everybody to agree on the right planks is a whole different conversation........

OIP.5QuHiMYtXkJxXCRMTEWxMgAAAA

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That sounds like some truth Bunny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom