The Tattoo thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone is around Shawnee I highly recommend The Mad Tatter. Isaac is great. He is very nice and the shop is ran very well. It is decorated like Alice in wonderland. He has rooms for kids to play in and watch movies. He also has good movies on for you to watch while getting your work done. I won’t go anywhere else. And he is a big 2A supporter. Has his pistol on his hip at all times.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload_2019-8-23_2-0-29.png

Had this one done today. The first two hours were golden, the last hour and a half were pure torture.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love it @CHenry.
I have two tats that I got about 10 years ago and planning on another pretty soon.
Like @druryj said, I didn't realize they had gotten so expensive either. Mine were $100 each 10 years ago.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love it @CHenry.
I have two tats that I got about 10 years ago and planning on another pretty soon.
Like @druryj said, I didn't realize they had gotten so expensive either. Mine were $100 each 10 years ago.
Thanks. Since it became legal, I guess it got expensive? $120-$150 per hour seems like a pretty standard price rate.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've talked to him.
He said wait about 2 more weeks and come see him. The eagle doesn't look realistic and the flag looks like a cartoon sketch lol

@CHenry, how about a current pic or two so that we, the all-knowing OSA audience, (aka: peanut gallery) can more appropriately judge the quality of said tats? Who knows? We might like it. Or not. But you'll surely get some comments back, one way or the other. So man up, you old tattooed pot-hole inspector you; and post some current pics of your ink!

:shocked: Now you just had to post that, didn't you? Thank you; my eyes thank you. Not. :bolt:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... Anyway don't go getting any funny ideas... you're not my type.

LOL.
Ok. Took this last night. If it's too sexy for you @druryj, refer to what @NightShade said to me earlier LOL.

View attachment 141726

:comfort:Sorry @CHenry, like @NightShade hade said; but you're just not my type either. Now, some might think you're quite the handsome feller, but...I'll have to pass. But hey, who knows? You might get lucky, maybe somebody here be PM'ing you for a date! :naughty:

As far as the tattoo, I am no expert, but I think I'd go let the guy who offered to work on it take a look. I don't think it looks cartoonish, but I do think the colors should pop a little more. Go see what the tattoo dude says, but it would look better, IMO, if the reds were redder, the blue was bluer, and the eagle's beak was more defined and a brighter yellow. Maybe time will be the ticket, or maybe it's like paint; a second coat is all you need.

Thanks for the pics.:sunbath:

(Edited add: Maybe he could put like some lightning bolts or crossed sabers or tracer rounds or something around the outside, to make the Flag and Eagle stand out? hell I dunno...the tattoo dude might have a better idea).

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:comfort:Sorry @CHenry, like @NightShade hade said; but you're just not my type either. Now, some might think you're quite the handsome feller, but...I'll have to pass. But hey, who knows? You might get lucky, maybe somebody here be PM'ing you for a date! :naughty:

As far as the tattoo, I am no expert, but I think I'd go let the guy who offered to work on it take a look. I don't think it looks cartoonish, but I do think the colors should pop a little more. Go see what the tattoo dude says, but it would look better, IMO, if the reds were redder, the blue was bluer, and the eagle's beak was more defined and a brighter yellow. Maybe time will be the ticket, or maybe it's like paint; a second coat is all you need.

Thanks for the pics.:sunbath:

(Edited add: Maybe he could put like some lightning bolts or crossed sabers or tracer rounds or something around the outside, to make the Flag and Eagle stand out? hell I dunno...the tattoo dude might have a better idea).
lol, Well Im already taken and well on my way to getting married again.

Thanks for the opinion, I agree 100%
I'm going to see about a visit to the tattoo guy Sat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom