The Truth about GM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
11b1776 said:
God forbid a working man make decent money. $25/hr is only $1000 (40hrs)a week before taxes, so $52000 a year gross, all while the board and CEO set on there a$$ and make millions....

Who the hell only works 40 hrs a week?

Also, that CEO can keep your ass a job or run a company into the ground and you out of a job with bad decisions. Might want a good one if you like employment.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
farmerbyron said:
Who the hell only works 40 hrs a week?

Also, that CEO can keep your ass a job or run a company into the ground and you out of a job with bad decisions. Might want a good one if you like employment.

I wish I only worked 40! I would feel like I'm on vacation!

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work 8 hrs a month overtime, and that's not because I want to. Good or bad, ceo's get there money, look at the big 3, they were wasting away but, there ceo's got there millions, the last CEO for home depot ran it into the ground, but still got his millions, something like 20 million when he finally stepped down.

EDIT: It wasn't 20 million he got it was 210 million, link below.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16451112/ns/business-us_business/t/home-depot-ceo-nardelli-quits/

Last edited:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
11b1776 said:
I work 8 hrs a month overtime, and that's not because I want to. Good or bad, ceo's get there money, look at the big 3, they where wasting away buy there ceo's got there millions, the last CEO for home depot run it into the ground, but still got his millions, something like 20 million when he finally stepped down.

Only 8? I'm working 65 hours just this week. I work an average of 60 hours a week. No union, and making my rich ass boss money and I like it.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unions were a necessity originally, but need to get back to their original intent, to make the work place safe for the workers.
YEs unions have far outlived their usefulness. Probably end up bailing them out again. hell we gave them all that money for the volt and they moved it over to china. Not to mention its a turd and not selling worth **** and he wants to give even more tax incentives to buy the darn thing. Next thing you know we will be taxed if we don't drive a volt.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
People who blame Unions usually are repeating things they heard. Most OSA members think keeping your word is honorable.

Well Unions and Companies enter into a binding contract. Its the Companies that dont keep their word. Its almost always the Company that breaks or violates the binding contract.

The Company runs the business and sells the product. Unions only negotiate wages, benefits and working conditions.

Its simple to me, if you negotiate a contract then stand behind it.

Lastly if GM cant make a product that turns a profit then let them go out of business. If the Union members want a job, then they can negotiate something or join the ranks of unemployed.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i857.photobucket.com_albums_ab133_funnymidgetmerhan_midgetdancing2.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom