The Truth about GM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any body want to blame the auto union?
Since the Unions are all but gone, who do you have protecting your wages to a fair standard...oh yeah, NO ONE.
The fact is our wages have not gone up accordingly in 30 years. Remember the days a family could live well on a single income? Now a man and woman have to both work to afford what we afforded in the 70s.
There was no doubt abuse within the unions but for the most part, they protected the working man.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GM source 2/3rds of its jobs overseas?!?!?!?! OH MY! I wonder just how we expect GM to compete on the global market when everyone wants all of their cars to be built in America?! Toyota doesn't built all their vehicles in Japan, Kia doesn't build everything in Korea, and BMW doesn't build purely in Germany. I'm sure Ford has a fair share of factories in Europe and Asia. It's not the end of the world people, just another business getting thrown under the bus by "investigative" journalism.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the Unions are all but gone, who do you have protecting your wages to a fair standard...oh yeah, NO ONE. Unions are alive and well. Some minimal level of "solidarity" is probably needed, unions just grew way to big for their britches IMHO
The fact is our wages have not gone up accordingly in 30 years. Remember the days a family could live well on a single income? Now a man and woman have to both work to afford what we afforded in the 70s. Well, not exactly. In the '70's people frequently had only 1 car, 1 TV, rarely ate out, and never fast-food, no designer clothes, rarely a foreign vacation, etc. Our "standard of living" (or wanting) has dramatically increased.
There was no doubt abuse within the unions but for the most part, they protected the working man.

Unions were a necessity originally, but need to get back to their original intent, to make the work place safe for the workers.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unions were a necessity originally, but need to get back to their original intent, to make the work place safe for the workers.
I know no one who dresses in designer cloths, 2 cars is a necessity when both parents hold a job I have only 1 TV (not the norm I'm sure) I have never been on a foreign vacation either. People do overspend on housing, toys like boats and stuff though. I see little difference in how most people live other than eating out - an effect of mother working and no time to make dinner by 5:00 since shes stuck in traffic after work untill 6:00. We were poor growing up but we had a new house, one used car (for a while then we got a second) and mom stayed home and cooked and cleaned. We went on 3 week vacations all over the US once a year and we wore the cheapest clothing to be able to afford other things.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would Obama tell the truth about GM? Has Obama ever told the truth about or taken responsibility for anything? Serious question. I have also heard that if GM could concentrate on the vehicles that are really profitable for them rather than crap like the Volt that they pour millions into, that no one wants, and the Government want them to build that things would be better for their bottom line.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God forbid a working man make decent money. $25/hr is only $1000 (40hrs)a week before taxes, so $52000 a year gross, all while the board and CEO set on there a$$ and make millions....

Latest posts

Top Bottom