The Truth about GM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry they ever bailed them out. I am sorry there were any bail outs, of any kind.

I don't think the overpaid union guys bankrupted the company. More the super overpaid big-wigs that ran it poorly (may they rot in Hell).

We have two Chevys. Parts are cheap. They run well. One is just a crappy, 6 cyl, 2003 Silverado. When it dies, I will not be sad. It keeps running, but that's about it. The other is a 1985 K5. Parts are super cheap, and there isn't anything on it I can't fix, rebuild, and so on. No computers, no worries.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unions have far outlived their usefulness. Ill say it once and Ill say it again. Look at the profit margins from say GM to toyota........ Also look what I was qouting

And of course that's a direct reflection upon the unions, not the ones who run the company and make all the decisions on what they make, how they make it, the quality of the parts they use, ect, ect. The unions are just "the unskilled labor" as you would say that's make the products...

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And den? If da " working man" would have went to college or not picked a skilled trade he'd make more money. Why should one pay more for a unskilled job, just because a union told them too?

Your sir have no clue what your talking about...
I did go to college, so did a lot of the guys I work with. Hell the guy who runs my machine during the day has a Maters degree!
We are "unskilled" as you put it. Why do we do what we? Because we make more money!
Seeing how what we do takes no skill, do you think you could come out here and do my job?

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what if one in five GM cars is built in the US? Only 2 of 5 cars GM builds is sold here in North America. The other 3 are sold on other continents.

I'm certainly no GM apologist (I only drive Fords), but I do know that numbers often get manipulated to show a predetermined conclusion that is usually BS.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blinocac200sx said:
If GM is so into technology, WHY ARE THEY STILL USING FRIGGIN PUSHRODS!?!?!?!?!

Because it's bad ass. Reliable. Beats other manufactures. Great gas mileage. Do you need anything else? Why fix something that already works well?

Latest posts

Top Bottom