The U.S. Media Suffered Its Most Humiliating Debacle in Ages: Now Refuses All Transparency...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go look at this thread, posts 12 and 23-30: https://www.okshooters.com/threads/the-deep-state-coup.252596/

OAN appears to be more biased than Newsmax or Breitbart, and less honest about it. I may not always agree with Breitbart, but at least they tend to cite their sources; OAN posts crap, then quietly "disappears" it when it doesn't fit the agenda.
Damn, you're all over this tonight.
How come you're not dedicating the same time to CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC? There is enough trash one could post about them on a daily basis to make this OAN look like a light weight on biased reporting.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, you're all over this tonight.
How come you're not dedicating the same time to CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC? There is enough trash one could post about them on a daily basis to make this OAN look like a light weight on biased reporting.
Seriously? Did you read the first post in this thread? When you clicked the "Like" button, did you happen to notice who posted it in the first place?

At least CNN posts retractions--however buried--instead of pretending the bad story never existed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously? Did you read the first post in this thread? When you clicked the "Like" button, did you happen to notice who posted it in the first place?

At least CNN posts retractions--however buried--instead of pretending the bad story never existed.
No they didn't. CNN "adjusted" the story, never retracted it.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No they didn't. CNN "adjusted" the story, never retracted it.
Tweet "adjusting" the story:
CORRECTION: Email to Trump and Trump Jr. from individual offering Wikileaks documents came Sept. 14 -- not Sept. 4 -- as we reported earlier. Email pointed to docs Trump camp could get publicly.
Replacement story:
Washington (CNN)Correction: This story has been corrected to say the date of the email was September 14, 2016, not September 4, 2016. The story also changed the headline and removed a tweet from Donald Trump Jr., who posted a message about WikiLeaks on September 4, 2016.

Candidate Donald Trump, his son Donald Trump Jr. and others in the Trump Organization received an email in September 2016 offering a decryption key and website address for hacked WikiLeaks documents, according to an email provided to congressional investigators.
The September 14 email was sent during the final stretch of the 2016 presidential race.
CNN originally reported the email was released September 4 -- 10 days earlier -- based on accounts from two sources who had seen the email. The new details appear to show that the sender was relying on publicly available information. The new information indicates that the communication is less significant than CNN initially reported.
After this story was published, The Washington Post obtained a copy of the email Friday afternoon and reported that the email urged Trump and his campaign to download archives that WikiLeaks had made public a day earlier. The story suggested that the individual may simply have been trying to flag the campaign to already public documents.

[source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/polit...trump-campaign-wikileaks-documents/index.html ]
Also, watch the video in the link I posted, or in the quote immediately above. All of them directly acknowledge that the story was false, that the documents that were alleged to have been provided in advance were actually sent after they were publicized, and even acknowledge that WaPo, bless their hearts, had caught the error first. That's not an "adjustment," that's a full-on "we were wrong," both in print and audio/video.

I'll still criticize them for failing to do their due diligence before publishing, and for their total lack of transparency about how it happened and what they're doing to prevent it happening in the future, but they did acknowledge their and the significance of it.

Let me know when OAN does the same.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tweet "adjusting" the story:
Replacement story:
Let me know when OAN does the same.
LOL, I don't Tweet. I don't care that everybody in the country uses it, just the name of it is something I won't be associated with. God, what an idiot way to name some message board.
How about "Hammer time", or "punch yo face"? Much more appropriate to the content.
As I stated before, I was pointed to OAN and agree'd to monitor it. Day two it showed me that I won't monitor it any more.
OAN appears to be a biased news outlet that gleans from the net and produces what they want for "news".
At least FOX did interviews with the other camp after Moore lost, and have continued today to talk about why he was a flawed candidate.
I'd call that fair and unbalanced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom