The Uvalde P.D. and Uvalde Ind. School District Police Force are no longer interested cooperating with the TX Dept. of Public Safety's investigation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uvalde is a small town 20 to 30 miles from nowhere. The police force is small department of young inexperienced men and women. some may have military time. very few have hade to put their lives on the line yet. The SO is probably the same. The one that called for greenlight to shoot should have detained the suspect to find out what was up, If he resisted then handle the situation ( use just enough force to stop the perp). When the suspect got in the school some fully dedicated officers should have went in after him. But until they face death in the eye they do not know how they will react. It was going to be to long to get backup.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever sat down and thought about what it takes to face something like that? To think because someone puts on a badge and then they’re able to make those decisions quickly is overly optimistic. We shouldn’t watch videos of cops that handle situations expertly and then assume all have the same capabilities and mindset. It’s just not that way. Police are just a sampling of the populace for the most part.

Think about how stressful it can be even at a match when the timer goes off and people are watching.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever sat down and thought about what it takes to face something like that? To think because someone puts on a badge and then they’re able to make those decisions quickly is overly optimistic. We shouldn’t watch videos of cops that handle situations expertly and then assume all have the same capabilities and mindset. It’s just not that way. Police are just a sampling of the populace for the most part.

Think about how stressful it can be even at a match when the timer goes off and people are watching.
I have and do remember what it takes and is like. One year in Viet Nam and 17 year law enforcement and corrections. I have looked down the barrel of a gun and reacted. Thank God I have made it this long. So many others have given their all!

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a hero. Shame on the Uvalde PD.
They failed at every level. Recent stories pointing out that an officer had the armed gunman in his sights but didn’t pull the trigger to prevent the shooter from entering the school.
I’m sure recent political wokeness and anti cop prosecutors weighed heavily on his mind at that moment.
It would be horrible to be in that position at that time.
I’m not defending his actions as no one on this forum knows the exact reason why he didn’t pull that trigger but kids and teachers died.
Everything you mentioned is what I was also thinking. Here you have a minority latino. Not sure if he’s a child under 18 or adult. Political correctness, George Floyd riots, you just don’t know anymore. Shoot don’t shoot get sued for killing mamas perfect little baby. I could see a lot of hesitation after the last couple years of riots and what not going on. they’ve been cuddling criminals and persecuting people for doing their jobs. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Texas investigation has found that the Robb Elementary school staff and administration were VERY lax on security protocols. Administration even suggested that teachers prop open doors to make it more convenient for substitute teachers that didn't have keys.

FOX News - Uvalde Shooting Report Finds Culture of Non-Compliance

"School administrators "did not adequately prepare" for a potential shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, according to a report released by the Texas House of Representatives Investigative Committee on the Robb Elementary School shooting.

In the 77-page report released on Sunday, investigators said school administrators adopted a "regrettable culture of noncompliance" with safety and security measures leading up to the shooting on May 24 at Robb Elementary School which left 19 children and two adults dead. This noncompliance "turned out to be fatal," the report said.

They also "tacitly condoned" unsafe practices by knowingly violating or allowing others to violate rules that required doors to be closed and locked."

Sadly, one has to wonder if the teachers that were killed also may have been lax in their security.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Texas investigation has found that the Robb Elementary school staff and administration were VERY lax on security protocols. Administration even suggested that teachers prop open doors to make it more convenient for substitute teachers that didn't have keys.

FOX News - Uvalde Shooting Report Finds Culture of Non-Compliance

"School administrators "did not adequately prepare" for a potential shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, according to a report released by the Texas House of Representatives Investigative Committee on the Robb Elementary School shooting.

In the 77-page report released on Sunday, investigators said school administrators adopted a "regrettable culture of noncompliance" with safety and security measures leading up to the shooting on May 24 at Robb Elementary School which left 19 children and two adults dead. This noncompliance "turned out to be fatal," the report said.

They also "tacitly condoned" unsafe practices by knowingly violating or allowing others to violate rules that required doors to be closed and locked."

Sadly, one has to wonder if the teachers that were killed also may have been lax in their security.
Don't have time to read the full report. Did they uncover any internal or external complaints about lax security which were ignored, or were they just completely clueless?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking to my wife while reading this, and she said her school superintendent’s office handed out a “tool” to every teacher last year to circumvent their classroom door locks. :censored:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't have time to read the full report. Did they uncover any internal or external complaints about lax security which were ignored, or were they just completely clueless?

There wasn't a link to the report in the FOX News story, so I can't answer your question. I've not taken the time to even look for it online, if it is online.

Latest posts

Top Bottom