The Uvalde P.D. and Uvalde Ind. School District Police Force are no longer interested cooperating with the TX Dept. of Public Safety's investigation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he was the chief of the school police, not the Uvalde police chief.
Hmmmm..... I'm not around schools anymore, but it's the first time I've heard of a school police chief.
We don't even have one in Ponca.
As I just researched, he was indeed the police chief of the school police that failed miserably also. Is he the only head to roll?
How does a tiny town like Uvalde have a police chief for a handful of schools?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm..... I'm not around schools anymore, but it's the first time I've heard of a school police chief.
We don't even have one in Ponca.
As I just researched, he was indeed the police chief of the school police that failed miserably also. Is he the only head to roll?
How does a tiny town like Uvalde have a police chief for a handful of schools?
I don't think any Oklahoma K-12 school systems have their own departments, just officers from the local PD. OU has its own commissioned police force and a chief for it, but I don't know how common that is in higher ed in the state.

As for heads rolling, I don't know. He's certainly the first and biggest to get the ax.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think any Oklahoma K-12 school systems have their own departments, just officers from the local PD. OU has its own commissioned police force and a chief for it, but I don't know how common that is in higher ed in the state.

As for heads rolling, I don't know. He's certainly the first and biggest to get the ax.
Good info. I knew colleges had their own PD, but that was it.
Watching all of the video's that keep rolling out, there are many other heads that need to not only roll but be hacked off with malice.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good info. I knew colleges had their own PD, but that was it.
I might have to take that back. It looks like Tulsa has a campus police force with a Chief that reports to the school board. If they do, OKCPS probably does, too. Last I knew, Norman only used NPD officers, but between NPD, OUPD, and the Cleveland County Sheriff, they should be pretty well covered.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Im fairly certain that Piedmont uses hired security instead of Piedmont law enforcement. Anyway they can find to spend money other than the roads, hahaha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom