The Village (OK) Officer charged with Manslaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...for shooting and killing a suspect charging him with a baseball bat. Hope this is a wake up call to us in the heartland that the “it can’t happen here” mentality is gonna screw you, your family, and your agency over. Wake up!

1432464e6e1280444e52e4fa0ec0ed15.jpg

https://www.news9.com/story/5f5cb3c...face-manslaughter-charges-after-july-shooting

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I’ve read he was talking to the suspect who was a distance away and then fired on him. No mention of him being charged. If they have body cams I would like to see them but I doubt they’ll get shown. Seems to have taken quite some time to charge him for it so I doubt it’s in relation to protests.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I’ve read he was talking to the suspect who was a distance away and then fired on him. No mention of him being charged. If they have body cams I would like to see them but I doubt they’ll get shown. Seems to have taken quite some time to charge him for it so I doubt it’s in relation to protests.
The news story quoted the police as stating that he charged the officer. I guess it'll probably come out in the wash but if he did charge I couldn't convict if I were on that jury.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prater hasn't given in to the mob before, there must be more to the story

I was perplexed in the beginning and asked guys close to the situation if there was anything questionable and was told it was textbook justified, the agency was shocked at the charges, and Admin/Command is standing behind the officer.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again I will await the facts to come out. It Used to be procedure to charge the officer and have a judge try the case when the officer was in the clear so there would never be any charges in the future because of double jeopardy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom