The Village (OK) Officer charged with Manslaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Justified and a weak move by Prater. Also a stupid decision having the Sheriff’s Office of the available agencies handle the investigation.

He (suspect) has already distanced himself once moving out of view. Avery repositions to maintain visual then you see the bad transition hands as he begins moving towards Avery.

You’d have less than a second, in a tight area, to respond before taking a hit from the bat to the head.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Justified, play stupid games win stupid prizes. If you are going to make an aggressive move with a weapon in hand towards someone holding you at gun point; what do you think is really going to happen.
You can arm chair quarterback the what ifs all day and woulda shoulda coulda the less than lethal options. At the end of the day going into someone elses home for a domestic, no back up, confined space, tons of unknowns, guy has a weapon, refuses orders to put it down and makes an aggressive move...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to tell with the blurring out and freezing of the "innocent party" in the video, you basically can't see anything other than he definitely took a step towards the officer. Can't see if he was raising to strike, body language, facial expressions...nothing. Why would the media do that?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to tell with the blurring out and freezing of the "innocent party" in the video, you basically can't see anything other than he definitely took a step towards the officer. Can't see if he was raising to strike, body language, facial expressions...nothing. Why would the media do that?

Joe.jpg

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know, I’ve seen hundreds of police shooting videos and studied situations. Was it justifiable? Probably. Was it weak? Yes. His bad tactics helped him shoot. Had he hung around the doorway further back, he’d have had more time to react. Yes, what if they suspect was moving towards a gun? To me, he pushed up to close to him, leaving fewer options and his verbal de-escalation is weak. Yes, I know officer safety. I get it, no one deserves to have their head bashed in. What happened to no less than two officers on a domestic?

Also, this is this officer’s second shooting. Not sure that had bearing, but could have. He was involved in another on duty fatality shooting on Dec 21, 2014. Could that have played into? Possibly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom