The Walking Dead....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for ambushing Neegan, he was very strategic in his decision making. Neegan showed up early, surprising Alexandria. This prevented any planning or staging any type of offensive. They sure as hell should've moved the guns and lost the logs as soon as they got back. The wise thing to do would have been to surrender a decent amount of guns and supplies to signify cooperation and then for the next month or so, comply the saviors into complacency. Then organize with the other settlements and go on the offensive with them, right after you ambush and kill Neegan when he comes to visit.

Last edited:

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the election BS, I am seeing conspiracies everywhere. This episode was already in the can before the election and liberals couldn't think of a democratic loss. The way Rick went limp and told his people he thought of hiding Guns that were off the books but if the party in charge found them, people would die, makes me think it was a message to those of us who would resist, not to take the chance or it's not worth it. Is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not particularly getting into this season. But, I thought last nights episode was about as pro gun as you can get. Without the guns they lose their defense from tyranny.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this episode gave a good example of what could happen if gun rights are lost.

Registration, seizure, control of the people. Hillary's dream world.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why does no one look for an abandoned police HQ or left over FEMA camp or National Guard armory? One Stryker vehicle or even a few up-armored HMMWVs (possibly with crew-served weapons) and Negan's "army" of thugs could be killed enmasse. The Alexandrians could also start hiding a weapons cache though there is risk in that since Negan probably spies on them.

Hell, even some improvised IEDs could teach him a lesson. he rules through terror - strike him a hard blow and then keep hitting him. It would work if well planned. That whole discussion is why TWD has been pissing me off for several seasons now.

Please don't say "its fiction", I know, but the ability to suspend disbelief to enjoy fiction requires that it have at least a fig-leaf of rationality (in the otherwise crazy scenario). TWD has too many logic holes in how people behave to simply overlook them.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why does no one look for an abandoned police HQ or left over FEMA camp or National Guard armory? One Stryker vehicle or even a few up-armored HMMWVs (possibly with crew-served weapons) and Negan's "army" of thugs could be killed enmasse. The Alexandrians could also start hiding a weapons cache though there is risk in that since Negan probably spies on them.

Hell, even some improvised IEDs could teach him a lesson. he rules through terror - strike him a hard blow and then keep hitting him. It would work if well planned. That whole discussion is why TWD has been pissing me off for several seasons now.

Please don't say "its fiction", I know, but the ability to suspend disbelief to enjoy fiction requires that it have at least a fig-leaf of rationality (in the otherwise crazy scenario). TWD has too many logic holes in how people behave to simply overlook them.

It isn't that it is fiction. I think that you are missing the point that this has happened during the technology age.
The internet is down and no one has Yellow Pages any more, so the survivors can't find things like gunstores, Police HQs, Armories, etc.

Plus, remember the Abrams Tank in downtown Atlanta? I'm sure someone probably tried filling it's tank with the wrong mixture of motion lotion and it crapped out on them.

Another Plus...IED's?? I'm pretty sure a few bottles of Clorox and Comet would be sufficient to do what you really need.

Dave

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It isn't that it is fiction. I think that you are missing the point that this has happened during the technology age.
The internet is down and no one has Yellow Pages any more, so the survivors can't find things like gunstores, Police HQs, Armories, etc.

Plus, remember the Abrams Tank in downtown Atlanta? I'm sure someone probably tried filling it's tank with the wrong mixture of motion lotion and it crapped out on them.

Another Plus...IED's?? I'm pretty sure a few bottles of Clorox and Comet would be sufficient to do what you really need.

Dave

So everyone has forgotten where the military bases are? Nearly every small town has a police station, no, I am convinced the script writers are not all that sharp. Also, given that the TV program is essentially based upon a comic book story, I am probably asking too much. I think the book series "The Remaining" by D.J. Molles does a much better job with discussing post-collapse/cataclysmic plague social, governmental, and rebuilding issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom