The Walking Dead....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So everyone has forgotten where the military bases are? Nearly every small town has a police station, no, I am convinced the script writers are not all that sharp. Also, given that the TV program is essentially based upon a comic book story, I am probably asking too much. I think the book series "The Remaining" by D.J. Molles does a much better job with discussing post-collapse/cataclysmic plague social, governmental, and rebuilding issues.

Also, the scriptwriters JOB is to make sure there are MORE EPISODES.....don't forget "Rule #!" = It's ALL about the money... :)

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why does no one look for an abandoned police HQ or left over FEMA camp or National Guard armory? One Stryker vehicle or even a few up-armored HMMWVs (possibly with crew-served weapons) and Negan's "army" of thugs could be killed enmasse. The Alexandrians could also start hiding a weapons cache though there is risk in that since Negan probably spies on them.

Hell, even some improvised IEDs could teach him a lesson. he rules through terror - strike him a hard blow and then keep hitting him. It would work if well planned. That whole discussion is why TWD has been pissing me off for several seasons now.

Please don't say "its fiction", I know, but the ability to suspend disbelief to enjoy fiction requires that it have at least a fig-leaf of rationality (in the otherwise crazy scenario). TWD has too many logic holes in how people behave to simply overlook them.

There have been a lot of "misses" on the show for the sake of extending the series I think.

What about the herd last year, and all of the fallout from the herd. Seems like it would have been pretty easy to find some heavy equipment, and start mashing them. Much like Maggie's tractor work last night, a bulldozer would have made quick work of the herd...

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
While I agree that there are good ways of dealing with Neegan and his crew than what they are doing now, if the story continues to, at the very least, keep some elements of the comic book in tact, Neegan will get his dues. I would imagine it will happen in fine fashion.

One of the parts of the story line I find hard to swallow is that every single AR platform rifle they come across is fully automatic. If you look at the stockpiles that Neegan relieved Ricks crew of, you'll see a couple of SAW's, at least one M60, lots and lots of AR's or M4's - they've obviously plundered some military hardware along with their AK's and civilian guns.

I'm also surprised at how many people on the interwebs didn't realize that the Desert Eagle was available in 357 Magnum. (though the one Neegan shot appeared to be a 50AE based on muzzle size)

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to mention that in typical tv/movie fashion, magazines and clips seem to be semi-inexhaustible capacity, running out ONLY when the story line requires. Also amazing is the relative "explosive" impact of so many rounds.
At least they left out the old "richochet" sound tracks from the 50's.... :)

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess the other issue I didn't bring up with the "make me a bullet" story line is that she's snatched a 92, and it's was never made in 357. not even in 38sp. Not sure how she's gonna stuff that round into that gun. That could be fun to watch.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the other issue I didn't bring up with the "make me a bullet" story line is that she's snatched a 92, and it's was never made in 357. not even in 38sp. Not sure how she's gonna stuff that round into that gun. That could be fun to watch.
Don't you know???
ALL of their TV ammo is interchangeable between calibers, rifles, and pistols. Only seen folks check mags for capacity a couple times, and they NEVER seem to have to slide that first round of the mag to chamber it....What "magic" !!!!!

Still enjoy watching it all, though....that's for sure...

Latest posts

Top Bottom