The Walking Dead....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the heck is up with Kingdom of the Ren-Fest people?
I'm also amazed that no one is dedicated to restoring the US - at least as a long-term goal.

Pretty sure that Diana at Alexandria was wanting to restore the US. Look what happened to her.

right now, survival is key. setting up an organized civilization comes long after survival.

Dave

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure that Diana at Alexandria was wanting to restore the US. Look what happened to her.

right now, survival is key. setting up an organized civilization comes long after survival.

Dave

Sorry, ain't buying it. Alexandria was based upon some semblence of the the "old rules" but could just as easily have been the local town ordnances of Alexandria, VA township. Neegan clearly isn't just surviving - he's building an empire in the most brutal fashion but an empire nonetheless. There is the aforementioned kingdom of the Ren-Festers and there was the weird undead worshipping community led by Tasha Yar. Actually these people, as a group, seem to be doing about everything they can to make their chances of survival shrink not grow.

I personally think the "what happens after the big disaster scenario" is done much better in "The Remaining" series of books by D.J. Molle

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the talking dead they had her on and she explained they created their own language. In guessing as something to pass the time initially that evolved into something that could actually benefit the group if outsiders came around.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I have to bi**h again - why are this other group of weirdos (last week's show), all of whom are adults who must have been regular Americans when the zombie plague hit and who undoubtedly spoke English, sounding like Mad Max type folks two generations after the "fall"?

Kvetch, Kvetch, Kvetch

Hard to believe that a guy with a military background is asking about a communication language that sounds foreign to outsiders.

Not to mention, add in a little PTSD from the end of everything and the loss of everything to living in a dump and cleaning it into piles for two years.....I'm really surprised some of them can speak at all.

Dave

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kvetch, Kvetch, Kvetch

Hard to believe that a guy with a military background is asking about a communication language that sounds foreign to outsiders.

Not to mention, add in a little PTSD from the end of everything and the loss of everything to living in a dump and cleaning it into piles for two years.....I'm really surprised some of them can speak at all.

Dave

I've seen people in terrible conditions around the world who haven't reverted to to pidgin talk due to stress. Remember its only been a few years - heck they still have sources or working car batteries and good fuel so it hasn't been long at all. Look, it is ok for a comic book but I guess I had hoped that the writers would keep to the better back-story of the first season or two.

BTW - I could see how any children born since the disaster might be going in that direction but it is the adults that I think seem hokey. It made a lot more sense in Mad Max.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is everyone in the Kingdom wearing those Johnny Bench chest protectors?
That is a little odd. Personally, I'd have gone looking for a dive store to see if there was a titanium or steel chainmail shark-resistant suit available - that'd give those walkers some trouble. If there was no dive shop around maybe raid a college dorm and hope to find the society for creative anachronisms storage room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom