The Walking Dead....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For people that have survived horrible circumstances for a long time they sure seem to make some very poor choices and lack effective bargaining skills. I'm fairly new to TWD but I think what makes the show appealing is we get to imagine what we would do in these situations. In that fantasy, Neegan and/or many Saviors or myself would already be dead. At least 3 times in recent episodes the "good guys" have relinquished weapons in a situation where to do so is almost certain to result in servitude or death. Do the writers of these shows world view fit these scenarios or intended to get an audience reaction of "what an idiot"?

I believe that the basic outlines of the show follow a comic book (excuse me I meant "graphic novel") so it has all of the intellectual rigor associated with comic books going for it.
Believe me, I am probably the most consistent griper here but it helps for me to simply sort of "let go and let God" (borrowing from AA) if I want to enjoy the show at all.
BTW, yes, I agree they tend to do some stupid things, especially leaping without looking when the consequences of screwing up could be worse than fatal.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
This show sucks. I think that I'm done with it. It's a suckpool of predictable suckiness. The writers have totally lost their edge. This reminds me of the show "lost", where the first season or two rocked and then they got lazy and were afraid to do anything daring.

They seriously need to consider hiring on George R. R. Martin as a consultant to show how to put the edge back into this sucking suckfest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom