The Walther PPK Is Not Very Good - video review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I would carry a PPK over a Glock any day, and twice on Sunday. I do not trust striker fired with one in the chamber and carrying without is just stupid.
I would carry both. We used G19s in my last job and had zero problems with them. Glocks don't have striker problems unless people are "upgrading" them with new triggers and springs and whatnot.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with him, PPK wouldnt be my choice for carry either. Lots of guns out there that are smaller, and have higher capacity and come in 9mm

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would carry both. We used G19s in my last job and had zero problems with them. Glocks don't have striker problems unless people are "upgrading" them with new triggers and springs and whatnot.

I would have no problem carrying a Glock in open carry duty holster. It is concealed carry where I do not trust striker fired. Guess I should explain. Years ago I had a MAB model D. Loaned it to a friend who was screwing around with it. Stuck in his back pocket. Gun goes off, lovely little furrow across his a$$. Lucky it did not angle differently and do real damage.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The old design doesn't bother me.Not a pistol, but the browning auto 5 was made fro 1902-1998 and when i hunted alot that was the shotgun i took 80% of the time because it was so reliable.Also the 1911 has a pretty good reputation.

Yep I carry a 1911 and love it. I just wish it was smaller. Luckily I am big enough to conceal it.

Jonny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's actually a terrible argument and people fall for what he says because he's an "expert" and they parrot his spew verbatim.

I get that not everyone has a background in the profession of arms or as LE, but just because you take a bunch of NRA classes doesn't make you an expert in anything but going to the range.

I'll add that I'm as proficient with a PPK as with my Colt 1903, as with any of my Glocks and SAAs and 1911s. It's a matter of learning the manual of arms for your weapon and mastering them. Old has nothing to do with it. He's the kind of dude that would call Gen-Xers like me a Boomer simply because his argument is nonexistent.
Yeah, I guess I'd agree with you; I see an awful lot of input "so and so said such and such". Even I can spot some of it. You're absolutely right on learning the weapon - nothing trumps training and lots of it.

D.M.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup I must be gullible I like my 1911's.
My PPK/S is slipped in to my pocket quite often.
To me it's more fun at the range then my Kahr CW380.
I don't know about his but mine was built by S&W
and has a dove tail rear sight.
Yes it does hurt to shoot, but not like he said, it hurts in my wallet, have you seen what 380 ammo sells for today? Ouch!!!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned a PPK/S .380 and it is a fine weapon. My wife a a Sig .380 that is a very nice. I have a Sphinx .380 that I prefer to any .380. Too many so called experts on the web. I didn't waste my time watching the clip after reading all the comments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom