The Watch Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought this Fossil Retro Traveler last night.

s7d2_fossil_com__is_image_FossilPartners_CH2869_main_9cedd1e0f02ab1d388657cae30636c24._.jpg
This is the one I ended up getting.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_26_66af412d18af4d99e8edcb94dae3c8b4.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order either this Pulsar:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JT429C...colid=VW6UKD0F198V&coliid=IT8B4BFWLLFSR&psc=1

[Broken External Image]

Or possibly another Seiko Solar Chronograph / Diver (in Black/Yellow):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006Y9BVRM...UTF8&colid=VW6UKD0F198V&coliid=I1JTYJQD4NLBHV

www.yorkshire_watches.co.uk_seiko_SSC021P1_front.jpg

So for some reason, I can't make myself pull the trigger on that Pulsar, and I'm unwilling to pay the higher price for the Seiko (more than I paid for the Pepsi Blue/Red version of the same watch), but I'm strangely drawn to these two G-Shocks:

The GulfMaster:

[Broken External Image]

Or the GravityMaster:

azfinetime.files.wordpress.com_2014_03_gwa1100r_4.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, this was worth it. It's not quite "Dark Earth", it's actually more of a Grey, but it is actually very much what I was looking for. Tan GA100 should be here today and I'm expecting it to be much lighter than the "Tan" I've seen in pics, but I went ahead and picked up some brown and Khaki RIT dye to do some experimenting should I feel the need.

i.imgur.com_zHCrrT5.jpg

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I need to do the same, I have a basic OU fossil watch that is eating batteries. Not sure why. A battery will last less than 6 months and it runs slow. Like, 40 minutes over a day slow. Wonder if they can fix it. It's not an expensive watch, but has a lot of sentimental value and I would like to wear it.

I wear a Citizen Blue Angel Skyhawk as my daily watch. Great Watch. Worth every penny.

I have the OSU Fossil watch and wear it on game days.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Them G-Shocks are good lookin' pieces fer sure, but I just can't figure out all them buttons and do-dads on there. :scratch:

The first one (GAC-100 all-analog), is easy for me since it's just straight analog-time with 12/24 indicator and a Chronograph timer (start/stop/reset/split).

I'll admit that any of the fancier Casio Digital + Analog watches are kind of a lot to remember as far as functions go - I hate pressing a bunch of buttons to get where I want to be in the watch and then pressing the wrong one that doesn't do what I thought it did and I have to start over (My Sea Pathfinder is bad enough that I have to look up the instruction booklet online every time I want to change some major function in it).

This GA100 seems to have just enough functions that it's not too much of a pain though. So far I'm liking it too, and may end up keeping both of these.

Latest posts

Top Bottom