The Watch Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
yes, buckles are bad. I've pretty much always had to do the 'frat tuck' (someone i know from college always called it that, so i have too) with the bit of t-shirt right on front tucked into my pants a bit just to keep the belt buckle off my skin.

I've got an orvis Ti chronometer that is nice, but the bracelet pinches a bit. Plus i'm less up on the busy nature of the dial at the moment. I found a used citizen BM8180-03E online and am waiting for it to arrive. I think a good NATO strap will help keep the metal off my skin, plus i've found a few places that do Ti buckles if i need to go that route.

Why do you need to keep the metal off your skin? It's a SS watch.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you need to keep the metal off your skin? It's a SS watch.

some SS can cause me issue if i sweat while wearing it. I mostly meant that the strap will hopefully keep the buckle off my skin. The clasp on the underside of traditional watch straps usually sets my allergy off since they are often lower-grade metals than the casing.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
some SS can cause me issue if i sweat while wearing it. I mostly meant that the strap will hopefully keep the buckle off my skin. The clasp on the underside of traditional watch straps usually sets my allergy off since they are often lower-grade metals than the casing.

Gotcha. The SS in my Citizen doesn't cause me an issue. The band on the SS model is all stainless and isn't an issue; the buckle on the leather strap also hasn't cause me a problem. Citizen must still use a higher grade stainless on bands/buckles.

For reference, the nickel plated belt buckles will cause a rash even through a tucked undershirt.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you've been eyeing anything on ebay (like i have) then today might be a good day to buy. ebay is offering 15% off most purchases using PSPRINGTIME coupon. I just picked up a watch i didn't need with it

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just noticed this thread.

I’ve been a Luminox guy for ever. My dad gave this to me when I got into law enforcement back in 2000. It stopped working 2 years ago, but I still have it. Dad deployed with this watch too. It’s seen 4 batteries and 5 bands.
FFCCA2F7-0F72-47A9-8585-98ADAC3979D4.jpeg

I replaced it with this Luminox, but I can’t keep a battery in this thing. Seems to die every few months. Sucks cause I love this watch.

577251aee51ac19cad14d46805e2605c.jpg

This is my current watch when I’m not wearing my Apple Watch. Citizen Eco Drive. No battery worries here!

52b14eac51f02cd420aeb089f2d5468f.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom