The Watch Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make a linear version of that which I like a lot, but it seems like it's being phased out. Have you seen it? I like the linear dial - it's just something you don't see very often.

Yeah, it's on the list too:

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T2P276D...8213&sr=8-5&keywords=timex+linear+chronograph

Here are some pics of all 3 of the more popular models I like (I typically go with the retro styling over the newer stuff):

[Broken External Image]

Here are pics of 3 of the newer spacey designs:

[Broken External Image]

Here's the one I want, but can't find anywhere (it has the cool Matte finish Ion Bonded coating and brass/brown accents):

[Broken External Image]

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don't care for a watch with a bunch of tools on it. Just too many do-dads for me. :disappoin

I mean, don't get me wrong - these are some gorgeous timepieces, but all them do-dads...I just don't know. :nono2:

I don't care what time it is in London, I don't need a stop watch and I damn sure don't need a chronograph.

I reckon I'm just a low-tech guy in a high-tech world. :rolleyes2 Hell, I never even use the bezel on a dive watch, I just like that style.

I find myself using the compass on my watch more than the altimeter or barometer. It comes in handy when I'm in an area I'm unfamiliar with. The barometer also lets me know if bad weather is coming if I'm out backpacking for a few days. Granted, I don't use either feature a LOT, it's still handy to have it there when you need it.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find myself using the compass on my watch more than the altimeter or barometer. It comes in handy when I'm in an area I'm unfamiliar with. The barometer also lets me know if bad weather is coming if I'm out backpacking for a few days. Granted, I don't use either feature a LOT, it's still handy to have it there when you need it.

Yeah, I can see that.

Truth is...I never get out there and do anything. :ugh2: And I'm rarely ever in a place that I'm unfamiliar with. :disappoin

When you work damn near 7 days a week (like I do) you don't have time to get out there and 'enjoy' life. :rolleyes2

As always, YMMV, of course.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see that.

Truth is...I never get out there and do anything. :ugh2: And I'm rarely ever in a place that I'm unfamiliar with. :disappoin

When you work damn near 7 days a week (like I do) you don't have time to get out there and 'enjoy' life. :rolleyes2

As always, YMMV, of course.

Well, in that case, 3 hands and some numbers should work for you. Keeping it clean and functional. I like it.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don't care for a watch with a bunch of tools on it. Just too many do-dads for me. :disappoin

I mean, don't get me wrong - these are some gorgeous timepieces, but all them do-dads...I just don't know. :nono2:

I don't care what time it is in London, I don't need a stop watch and I damn sure don't need a chronograph.

I reckon I'm just a low-tech guy in a high-tech world. :rolleyes2 Hell, I never even use the bezel on a dive watch, I just like that style.

I understand this more and more these days, but man there is just something about a throwback to the times when digital timers and smart-phones weren't out there and folks had only these analog chronographs, tachymeters, or slide-rules to perform calculations and they were built into the watches for sort of a mission-specific purpose.

I typically turn off the cell phone when hiking/camping, so that is really the time I get to use my watch-gadgets the most, but I find that if I see someone with a killer gadget on his wrist, I might even ask him about it (sort of like a certain cop on here who has a hankerin for K/L frames :thumb: ).

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand this more and more these days, but man there is just something about a throwback to the times when digital timers and smart-phones weren't out there and folks had only these analog chronographs, tachymeters, or slide-rules to perform calculations and they were built into the watches for sort of a mission-specific purpose.

I typically turn off the cell phone when hiking/camping, so that is really the time I get to use my watch-gadgets the most, but I find that if I see someone with a killer gadget on his wrist, I might even ask him about it (sort of like a certain cop on here who has a hankerin for K/L frames :thumb: ).

I can't understand why ANYBODY would want one of those damned ol' ancient artifacts on his hip, that only hold a half-dozen rounds and has a trigger pull like a gate latch. :lookaroun

I mean, why limit and handicap yourself to just six shots when you can have one of the latest plastic-fantastics with a bucket of bullets underneath it.

Because...let's face it...if you can't shoot well, shoot often, right? :ugh2: Uhhh...ahem...right? :ugh2::ugh2: If you keep a throwin' the lead their direction, surely one of them 15 uranium coated, super-destroyer hollow point projectiles will eventually hit the bad guy(s). Right? :anyone:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't understand why ANYBODY would want one of those damned ol' ancient artifacts on his hip, that only hold a half-dozen rounds and has a trigger pull like a gate latch. :lookaroun

I mean, why limit and handicap yourself to just six shots when you can have one of the latest plastic-fantastics with a bucket of bullets underneath it.

Because...let's face it...if you can't shoot well, shoot often, right? :ugh2: Uhhh...ahem...right? :ugh2::ugh2: If you keep a throwin' the lead their direction, surely one of them 15 uranium coated, super-destroyer hollow point projectiles will eventually hit the bad guy(s). Right? :anyone:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! If you can keep a 4" group at 25yds or smaller, you'll not have to many issue's as to the selection of a sidearm. As to a watch, I do like a crony, but its not really needed, I can live with just three arms. As to a compass I use a military issue M2 artillery compass.

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_Knives_b0b8327c_137e_407f_a477_0799d24222b1_zps960122b6.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have this one. Citizen Eco Drive
Never needs winding, Stainless Steel Casing.

View attachment 40463

That is an absolutely bad-ass watch for the money - it's one of the few Citizens that is on my list (i.e. that I can afford - I'm seriously thinking of selling a gun to finance a few watches).

Here's my next purchase (toss-up between this guy and the Pepsi Diver Solar):

i149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_SouthDevonWatchSales_SPWS_204_SRP347K1_B.jpg

image.rakuten.co.jp_aaa_corp_cabinet_35_srp347j1_1.jpg_a3e8fedd53dcc17820fc1df89493dad8.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom