The Watch Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI, the watch shop in Woodland Hills mall (the one by the food court, don't know about the other one yet) is amazing. There was an older guy in there who seemed pretty cool. I had him replace the batteries in a few of my watches and he mentioned that they could do my Casio Pathfinder Twin-Sensor. Well, he pulled the bracelet loose and saw that Casio (who I sent it in to change the battery last time - huge pain and you pretty much just hope they send it back to you as there wasn't any tracking) had jacked up my gasket and left it sticking out from behind the back of the case.

He asked me how I wanted to proceed and I told him that it was way out of warranty so just do the best he can (there are like 4 batteries in the Twin-sensor). He opened it up and it was full of corrosion from the leaky (out of place gasket). He cleaned it up the best he could and put it back together (and fixed the gasket as best he could) and it worked like a charm. All for $7 (per watch)!

He was super nice and very cool about the whole thing. He ended up doing 4 of my watches in under half an hour (with the Casio battery issue). Highly recommend that place.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it cost me my M&P, but I picked up a Seiko Solar "Pepsi Diver" and the Sawtooth-bezel Auto (my first auto - I'm nervous about it). The SC0031 (Pepsi Diver) finally went on sale at Amazon for $160 and I applied for an Amazon rewards credit card (they didn't even require that I use it for a purchase) and got a $60 gift card, so I got two watches that retail for around $375 each for about $130 each - and that was too good of a deal for me to pass up.

The rubber band on the Diver isn't all that impressive, so I've already got a band from the Orange Monster Diver on order for it (it's currently on a NATO strap and looks pretty good that way, but I want a diver band for it).

I think this watch addiction might be a tad more dangerous than the knife / flashlight addiction...

Pics:

i.imgur.com_xy3r8Mx.jpg

i.imgur.com_H9mUBTx.jpg

i.imgur.com_xUWplYp.jpg

i.imgur.com_99VUCGb.jpg

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Torgoen T22 Flight watch(bought from amazon):

BcJ2ZFbCUAARftt.jpg

[Broken External Image]

Had it for about a year and a half, and I love it, but the seal broke while I was at Dirty Bird a month or so ago(timepiece stopped working for a week then started up, it was fogging up underneath the crystal and the chronograph stopped working altogether). I sent it in for repair(under warranty), and it should be back on my arm on Monday. It has an e6b flight computer dial on it, which I am still learning how to use some, but I love the chronograph on it.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a chronograph on a watch(for various things), so it is something I look for as a feature(As well as it being at least 100m water proof). One feature I have been looking for to compliment it would be tritium dials(not a huge fan of charge to glow). I have seen many tritum capable watches, but none with a chronograph(At least none that are reasonably priced). I guess I could find something digital with a light, but I prefer dials......

The Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Magnate Chronograph is dead sexy and everythign I want in a watch, but I can't justify a $4k watch.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my Tag. I love this watch. I'm hoping to pass it down to my son one day. Since buying a quality time piece, I've become particular to accurate time. When I change dates/time zones this thing is never out of 5 seconds from official.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_18_y3u7ysy8.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my Tag. I love this watch. I'm hoping to pass it down to my son one day. Since buying a quality time piece, I've become particular to accurate time. When I change dates/time zones this thing is never out of 5 seconds from official.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_18_y3u7ysy8.jpg

Damn...

That is bad-ass. If I win the lottery, I'll have a Breitling or a Tag Heuer (maybe an Omega)

Latest posts

Top Bottom