The Watch Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phw

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Japan is perfectly capable of using their own movements Seiko and Citizen do not need Swiss parts, and like wise with Swiss movements. Two different but similar technologies. Actually Tag Hauer has been accused of using a modified Japanese movement (Seiko).

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool toy if you have a bazillion dollars.

image.jpg

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“It is not generally known that quite a few Swiss companies have watches assembled in China for export to North America, Asia and even Europe, where the brand name is more important than the “Swiss made” label. Such watches may consist of a Chinese case and a Chinese crystal, a Taiwan-made dial and metal bracelet and Japanese hands. If the movement is to be considered Swiss, 51% of its value must be Swiss and at least the last wheel must be added in Switzerland. Swiss watch brands without the “Swiss made” label are usually equipped with a Japanese movement. The “Swiss parts” label means that the movement is assembled in Asia using kits consisting at least partially of Swiss made components.”

http://ccs.infospace.com/ClickHandl...4&mid=9&hash=18DDA6CF238F4F4DD9371315B482A356

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“It is not generally known that quite a few Swiss companies have watches assembled in China for export to North America, Asia and even Europe, where the brand name is more important than the “Swiss made” label. Such watches may consist of a Chinese case and a Chinese crystal, a Taiwan-made dial and metal bracelet and Japanese hands. If the movement is to be considered Swiss, 51% of its value must be Swiss and at least the last wheel must be added in Switzerland. Swiss watch brands without the “Swiss made” label are usually equipped with a Japanese movement. The “Swiss parts” label means that the movement is assembled in Asia using kits consisting at least partially of Swiss made components.”

http://ccs.infospace.com/ClickHandl...4&mid=9&hash=18DDA6CF238F4F4DD9371315B482A356

I'm not sure what you're saying man, but that sounds like the exact opposite of what you said earlier when talking about Japanese watches using Swiss parts...?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not really trying to say anything, what I'm finding is there are two "designation's" "SWISS MADE"...."SWISS MOVEMENT" as described above.
Some parts on a "swiss" watch May be Japanese, or Chinese, or something else?
I'm not finding any "JAPANESE MADE", some watches have "JAPANESE MOVEMENT"
It seems some parts are interchangeable, cases, hands , crystals, stems.
Its just the "movement" is Japanese, the case may be Swiss, the crystal may be Chinese, the strap or band may be some Other Asian made.
I am not a watch expert, its just another hobby that I like to read about, collect.
There are Lots of fine watches out there of all kinds and prices, theyre kinda like guns , some fit , some dont

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One more and you'll have a weekly rotation. :thumb:

I'm envious. That's an awesome collection you have there, sir. :bowdown:

Much appreciated man. Yeah, I need one more for the collection anyway as I don't really have a "dressy" watch and I had this Bulova on the wishlist:

www.watchco.com_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95_9_6_96A120.jpg

But I'm looking more at something cheaper, like this Kenneth Cole for my "fancy / dressy" watch:

[Broken External Image]

Like a lot of folks on here though, I've only got so much money in the toy-budget, so I typically have to sacrifice something to get something else. I'm trying to make my purchases count and so far I've gotten pretty good deals on everything, but I'm getting the hankering for a CRK small 21 again and that is going to impact the watch-fund.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant believe I haven't seen this thread. My weakness is Bulova Marine Stars. I will have to remember to take pics tonight. EZ that one with the saw tooth dial is kick ass. Let me know if you ever get tired of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom