The Weed Doctor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't think a mmj card should make you unable to pass the 4473. Maybe it'll change eventually.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Can you honestly answer the drug question on a 4473 in the negative if you are using marijuana? According to the Feds, no, you can't. Thus, you would be prohibited from picking up a gun from a dealer and passing the background check. However, does this extend to not being able to own any firearms or participating in private sales? Well, that's a separate issue.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you honestly answer the drug question on a 4473 in the negative if you are using marijuana? According to the Feds, no, you can't. Thus, you would be prohibited from picking up a gun from a dealer and passing the background check. However, does this extend to not being able to own any firearms or participating in private sales? Well, that's a separate issue.
As far as I know, the language says something like "no person can knowingly sell to someone they reasonably suspect."

Something like that. Seems like private sales fit in there. Eh may as well not bother with it until/if it changes.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma's poorly-written law may forbid anyone from being fired, but that's not going to stand muster, I don't think. No way police officers, bus drivers and aircraft mechanics should not be held to some kind of standards. There's a long way to go on it, but... I don't know the answer. Just warning people, as I've heard numerous places are selling stuff and making claims that you absolutely cannot test positive on "their" product... bottom line is, there are no real standards on this stuff, and alot of people are making **** up in their garage and calling it legit.

Caveat emptor.
Wait a minute!!! Our resident stoner will be along shortly to say your wrong and have no idea what your talking about!

Merica

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma's poorly-written law may forbid anyone from being fired, but that's not going to stand muster, I don't think. No way police officers, bus drivers and aircraft mechanics should not be held to some kind of standards.
You can still be fired for being high at work, or if they receive federal money and you piss hot. So no Medical Marijuana for police. Bus drivers and mechanics are busted for drinking and popping pills on the job it will be the same here.

While it’s not ok, I’d rather anyone smoke a joint and do those jobs rather than take a Xanax and that happens everyday. Pills are easier to hide and more dangerous, you probably know someone abusing them right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom